Chapter 2

When she woke up, the first thing she felt was mind-numbing pain all through her head. She rubbed it before trying to think of how that could have happened when she realised... she couldn't remember. She tried thinking back to anything she could remember but it was just vague images and feelings, nothing concrete. The clearest thing she remembered was being forced towards something in a large crowd in a panic.

She looked around.
She was in somewhere quite dark. There were a few blinking lights near her but it was hard to see two feet ahead of herself. She started getting quite fearful of where she could be, how she got there, and most of all if this or whoever brought her here is what caused her to lose her memory. For an immeasurable amount of time, she sat in the darkness, alone, trying her best not to let her fear get the better of her, until a door opened and let in some light.
The sound startled the girl but she was even more unsettled by who had opened the door than the darkness. It was a tall Palliduvan woman with rough, pale skin, green eyes, and fiery brown hair spouting out the top of her head in a long ponytail. The woman looked the girl up and down, noting her fearful expression.

"I was wondering when you were gonna wake up", the woman said, "Aurra Sing."

The girl just fearfully stared at her for a few seconds before Aurra said to her, "What? Are you deaf or something? What's your name?"

The girl jumped a little before replying, "I-... I don't know."

"What? What do you mean, 'don't know'?", Aurra asked.

"I-I can't remember", the girl quickly replied.

"Just great", Aurra muttered.

"Um, m-maybe if you... gave me a name?", she suggested.

"Hm", Aurra hummed before pondering for a moment.

"En-... Elya. Your name's Elya, kid", Aurra told her.

"O-Okay", Elya replied.

Elya stayed with Aurra for a long time. She grew mixed feelings for her. Aurra had some sense of humour but whenever Elya tried bonding with her, Aurra would snap at her and close up again.
Elya wanted to leave but Aurra scared her so much that she didn't dare ask her about it, especially since Aurra never said how long she'd be staying or even if she'd ever leave.

Elya found Aurra terrifying and impossible to read but still held a small amount of gratitude and respect for her because, even with the little money she had, she still fed her and kept a roof over her head and Elya knew that if Aurra so felt like it, she would be dead where she stood.

During her time with the bounty hunter, Elya's mind started to wander about what the necklace (that had been around her neck since the day she woke up) could mean. It had 'Together in Theed' engraved on it but she had no clue as to who it could be from. Whenever Aurra wasn't around, Elya, being trapped in darkness, let her imagination run wild with who it could have been from and how she would meet them again.
Maybe an old friend who intended to have Elya as a guest at their house in Naboo.
Maybe an old flame who intended to run off to Naboo with Elya once the war was over.
Or maybe... it was the kind woman from Elya's dreams.

Elya often had vague and distorted dreams about people who felt familiar to her.
One was a tall, dark figure who, despite his stature and demeanour, was still caring and warm to her. She named him Kin.
The second was a brave and loyal man who was very loving to her (her dreams about him were her favourites). She named him Iye.
And the third was a loving and delightful woman who adored her and always made her feel happy and joyful. She named her May.

She often found herself wondering and thinking who in the galaxy could these people be and what they meant to her. Maybe Kin and May were her parents, and maybe Iye was her lover. She promised herself that one day, she would leave Aurra and find these people in Naboo.