Chapter 8

When they arrived at Farr's apartment in Theed, he took Elya aside and brought out an old but beautiful blue dress.

"Farr... It's gorgeous", Elya sighed.

"Isn't it", he sighed, "I wanted to give it to you as a small gift when the war ended but... I never got the chance."

She looked down and started swishing it around, "It's such a lovely shade of blue."

She wouldn't have been lying if she mere colour of the dress felt familiar to her.

"You started getting very fond of the colour later on. I'm not sure why. You never told anyone why except that it was just a lovely colour. Which, I cannot deny", Farr told her, "Why don't you try it on? You'll need it. We're going to practice waltzing later."

She put on the dress and when she went to show them, they looked amazed. Well, Echo and Farr looked amazed but Fives' jaw dropped to the floor which made Elya smile coquettishly.

"You look lovely, my dear. Now you're dressed for a ball, you must learn to dance for one. Echo?", Farr asked.

"Oh, no, I couldn't. I think Fives should dance with her", Echo said while smirking at his brother.

Fives rolled his eyes and went up to Elya and went into the waltzing position with Elya leading.

"And... one-two-three, one-two-thr- No, my dear, you don't lead. Let him", Farr advised.

The begin dancing in time with Fives leading.

"That dress is really beautiful", he told her.

"Do you think so?", she asked.

"Of course. It really brings out your eyes", he complimented her.

Elya giggled slightly and they both blushed and averted the other's gaze.

Meanwhile, Echo was watching it play out with a smile on his face.

It's one-two-three
And suddenly
I see it at a glance

She's radiant
And confident
And born to take this chance

We taught her well,
We planned it all
I just forgot... romance

Fives, how could you do this?
How will we get through this?
I never should have let them dance

The couple began slowing down.

"I'm feeling a little dizzy", Elya told Fives.

"Light headed?", he asked.

"Yeah"

"Probably from all the spinning", he suggested, "Maybe we should stop."

"We have stopped", Elya whispered.

They start leaning closer together, their eyes moving towards the other's lips.

"Elya, I...", Fives trailed off.

Their lips nearly touch but Fives stops at the last second.

"You're doing great", he told her before walking off.

Elya stares back at him, longingly.