Chapter 2

Four years later

~Sydney's pov~

I was walking home from school with Sabrina and sky. We were all silent, as usual, as Sabrina tried to make conversation, like always.

"I see you still have that necklace ross got you for your birthday 5 years ago." she said smiling at me.

"Can we talk about anything else but that." I say grabbing ahold of the locket.

"Why do you always get so defensive when we talk about them?" Sky rolls her eyes.

"Because it's not something I enjoy talking about. You don't see me asking you about ryland." I fire back.

"At least I still talk to him. When's the last time you talked to Ross?" I don't answer because it's been a long time.

When we get home I run upstairs to mine and sky's room and start doing my homework. A few minutes later my mom calls my name from downstairs. I walk lazily downstairs and see that my entire family is in the living room waiting for me.

"We have an announcement." Mom said excitedly. "Your father got transferred to California for his job so we're moving up there."

My eyes wide."What?"

"Yeah aren't you guys happy?" My mom asks a little bit confused.

"Not really mom." Sarah says kinda harshly.

"We know these past couple of years have been tough but we thought this would be good for you guys." Mom says sympathetically.

All I did is run upstairs and lock myself in my room. I grabbed my skateboard and sneak out of my house by my bedroom window.