Chapter 44

"You are such an idiot Sydney. Why would you let him go again." Sky yells at me after I rejected Ross.

"Hey don't talk to her like that. She's not an idiot for not wanting to get her heart broken." My brother stands up for me. I just want to go up to my room and curl up in a ball.

"If you want something let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if not it never was and never will be. He came back for you because he wants to be with you no matter the consequences and you let him go. You've made some dumb decisions, but this, this is the worst one yet."she says disappointed in me. She grabs her purse and leaves the house.

"She's right, I lost him, I lost him for good." I start crying.

"No syd you did the right thing. He's the idiot that didn't respect your decision in the first place. Sky's wrong. " Sabrina hugs me and tries to calm me down.

~5 months later~

It's been exactly 5 months since Ross and I broke up. At first it was hard. I would cry myself to sleep, I wouldn't eat most of the time and I would sneak out at midnight to the skatepark just to clear my head.

Now as the months have gone by I'm still a tad sad but I have more important things to worry about.

I was currently playing video games with Shawn when the door bell rang. Huh? Wonder who it is?

"I'll get it." I say pausing the game and walking towards the door. When I open the door the person I thought I wouldn't acknowledge again was standing on the other side.

My eyes widened at the sight of him and I stood there frozen still. "Hi Syd." He smiled a small smile.

"H-i hi Ross." I say shakily.

"I hear you're graduating in two days. Congratulations!"

"Yeah I am thank you."I smile and look down at my feet.

"Syd I'm not here to ask you to take me back. I know you're not going to change your mind and I respect that. I'm actually here to ask if you want to hang out, you know as friends." He asks lifting up my chin and smiling down at me.

"I uh I don't know." I say unsure of myself.

"I promise I won't make it a date or anything like that. Just a friendly hangout." He says with pleading eyes.

Should I hang

"Alright we can hangout.-" I didn't even get to finish when he cut me off out of excitement. "Really?! Yes!!"

"Let me just change and we can go. I wont take long just give me 15-20 minutes." He just nods and I walk back in and go up to my room to change.

After getting ready I headed downstairs and was about to head out the door when Shawn stopped me. "Syd where are you going?"

"I uh got invited to hang out with a friend." If I tell him Ross and I are going to hang out he's going to kill me. He doesn't like Ross that much anymore and in all honesty I don't blame him either.

"Ok don't come home so late and eat." He says making sure I listen to him. "Ok dad." I laugh and walk out.

"Ready?" Ross asks startling me a little. "Yep where are we going?"

"Skatepark if that's ok with you."

"Ok let me go get my skateboard real quick though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Syd come on let's go eat." Ross smiles at me. We have been at the skatepark, the beach and just walking around the city for almost the whole day and he was getting hungry.

"Ok I'm coming." We started walking to a really good pizza place near our house.