Entry Four

Dear Diary,
I didn't go to school today, and for two reasons. First one: my sister broke her leg and we had to go to the hospital all day. And the second reason: I was going to pretend I was sick so I didn't have to go to school, so I didn't embarass myself again infront of Tane. I went for a walk after we had got home, school had finished half a hour ago. I walked through one of the parks when I saw Tane, he was walking up the same path. Alone. I didn't know what to do, hopefully he wouldn't reconise me like this. But he did. He said "Hi" and asked why I hadn't been at school, why would he care? I told him about my sister and he said that is had a sister, HAD a sister. Tane told me she had died because her friends had been stupid enough to drive to her house drunk, they had hit her and she died instantly. He showed me a picture of her, she looked like a nerd, like me. I didn't know what to say, maybe he doesn't se me as a calculater or dictionary, maybe just as a human being. We said bye and walked our ways, maybe we could become friends.
Opal

Dear Diary,
Opal wasn't at school today, I thought maybe she was late but she wasn't. She just didn't come. Maybe she was sick or something happened, my guess was she was avoiding me or embarssed because of me and my stupid head. After school finished I took a walk through a park, no one was there. It was quite, which is nicer than a busy school. I saw a person walk down the path, a girl, with thick brown hair and glasses. I reconised her easily, it was Opal. She tried to hide herself but I said "Hi" and asked her why she hadn't been at school, I had missed her. She looked at me for a second then explained her sister had broken her leg, I nearly started to cry. I told Opal I HAD a sister and explained how she had died, it took a lot of energy not to break down. I show her a picture of my big sister, she looked like a nerd, like her. I hoped she would now know why I wouldn't see her as a calculator or dictionary, but as a normal girl. We said bye and walked our ways, maybe we could become friends.
Tane