37

"Alright" Sean took a deep breath, "where do I start?"

"I know!" Alessio suddenly said before replying sarcastically, "start at the begining." He nodded at his own words making Sean roll his eyes, "I said it's time for serious talk."

"Your name is Thea Blackwood and you're my sister." Sean suddenly said which made my eyes grew wide, "What?"

"That's true. When you were three years old, you were kidnapped by the Knights. That's why you don't remember anything. You were only three." Sean explained, "Then when you turned five, the Knights died, and Rafael Gonzalez took you in."

"Are you drunk?" I asked, bringing my head closer to him, hoping to smell alcohol on him. I frowned when I didn't smell anything, "Did you hit your head?"

"I'm serious. Alessio? Mind confirming?" Sean shot him a glare. Alessio looked at me before nodding his head, "He is right. You are related to this...fool. Sean is your biological brother. He's two years older than you."

I stared at Sean carefully. He was my brother? I wasn't even shocked that the Knights were not my parents. To be honest, I didn't care. I think I'm the child who've had the most number of parents ever.

"If you really are my brother then why didn't you search for me?" I asked, "I mean, your parents, why didn't they?"

"They tried" Sean sighed, "but the knights were too good in hiding. I think our father gave you away to the Knights as a peace offering."

"Is he still alive?" I asked to which he shook his head, "mother died years ago due to cancer and dad Lost his life in an accident."

"So you're my brother." I muttered, "how do you know I'm your sister? You are probably making a mis—" he cut me off, "I'm not making a mistake. You look like our mother, you even sound like her. You're my sister and I'm sure of it."

I've got a big brother. Well that was unexpected.

"So you believe me? You...believe that you're my little sister?" He asked with a smile. I nodded, returning the smile, "Yes. I think, I mean why would you lie about something like that? And besides, he confirmed it." I said, referring to Alessio. And I trust him.

"Can I..." he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Can I hug you?"

"Of course," I chuckled as he engulfed me in a hug. I hugged him back, "You didn't have to ask considering you're my brother."

"Alessio told me the way you've been treated." He spoke, "I thought you'd be uncomfortable. I'm sorry, I couldn't find you earlier, I really am."

"It's fine" I broke the hug and smiled at him, "It doesn't really matter anymore."

"Now let's discuss the actual problem, shall we?" Alessio walked towards the small couch and sat down, facing us. "In case you two did not know, Luigi doesn't have the money he promised to give. My guess is, he would probably kill the person who would bring Thea to him."

"You can't leave this place unless we've gotten rid of this problem, alright?" Sean asked, looking at me. I nodded just as Alessio spoke up, "Enzo is dealing with his men. The three most powerful mafias already forbade their men from doing that. The rest is just a child's play."

"There's another thing, though." Alessio said, "Thea, do you know why Luigi did not kill you? Why did he keep you alive for all these years?"

"No. But I think it's got something to do with me being the legally adopted daughter of Rafael."

"It is" Alessio pursed his lips in a thin line, "since you're Rafael's adopted daughter, according to the rules, when you turn eighteen, everything is to be transferred to you. And you're twenty one which means that you are the true leader of the Mexican Mafia." He explained, "but since you've already joined the Russian mafia you can't take over."

That was unfair...but I had no interest in taking over anyway.

"If you die, everything will be transferred to your heir and if you don't have one, it will be transferred to an Orphanage." Sean continued.

"What Orphanage?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Golden Children or something like that." Alessio responded, "why do you think he would give everything to that orphanage? Does he have a kid there?"

"Not that I know of..." I muttered, "Diana, Rafael's wife was unable to conceive but she did love children. She would visit that Orphanage and bond with the children there every week."

"So you think that Rafael would give away his life's hard work to an Orphanage because...of emotional attachment?" Sean asked.

No way Rafael would do that just because his dead wife loved kids. No, he was too egoist for that.

"Maybe." I shrugged, "I don't know why he even gave it to me. He was going to sell me to get money."

|Alessio's POV|

"What?" My voice came out louder and angrier than I anticipated.

"The fuck?" Sean stared at her, "he was going to sell you? Permanently?"

Thea nodded, "he needed money, as you two already know...the Mexican Mafia has never been stable economically. A man was willing to give twenty million for me."

She's not even worth that much.

She was worth much much more.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

"But if you were sold then the Mafia would go to..." Sean glanced up at me, realization clear on his face.

"Fucking bastard" I muttered, "Rafael already planned your future as well as the one of his mafia."

If what I'm thinking is correct then;
Rafael's plan was to sell Thea to that man. He would technically own her, thus would be able to do anything he wants with her, including impregnating her.

This would benefit Rafael in a lot of ways. He would not only get money but also someone to take over his mafia. Dude thought he'd live long enough to witness all that. Too bad.

That explains why he wanted to sell her...but still doesn't explain the Orphanage part.