39

I stared out of the car window. My thoughts drifting to Alessio and Sean. They seemed close. From what I've noticed, with Sean, Alessio behaved freely; when he was with Sean, he wasn't the feared mafia boss.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What?" He asked back, confusion clear in his voice.

"Why are you taking me to the beach?" He already said he didn't know yesterday and I had a feeling that the answer won't be any different. But how could he not know? That's ridiculous.

"I don't know"

"What do you mean 'you don't know'? You don't know why you're taking me to the bea—" he cut me off, "do you want to spend your day locked in the mansion instead? Because that's fine by me."

I pursed my lips into a thin line. I didn't want to go back to that mansion, it was boring.

|Alessio's POV|

I was just as confused and curious at her. Those walls I spent months building were slowly falling.

I thought I'd take her somewhere to get her mind off things. It was weird how she took in all the informations about her calmly. Any other person would probably freak out but not her. She stayed calm; it was like she didn't care.

I never did what I was doing for her for anyone before; taking her out, trying to get her mind of things, I mean. If it was any other person I wouldn't give a damn. Yet, for her, I can't seem to not give a fuck.

I could feel her eyes burning holes in my soul, "You're staring." I glanced at her, before focusing on the road ahead again.

"I'm not," she replied, looking away, "my eyes just...fell on you."

"Is that so?"

"Yes", she replied instantly just as I pulled the car to a stop. We arrived at my beach house. I was not stupid to take her to a public beach where she could get shot anytime.

"Are you planning to swim?" I asked, opening my car door and stepping out.

She closed her car door and her eyes travelled around as it she was searching for something which made me frown, "what are you looking for?"

She glanced at me for a second before replying, "A sniper or someone who isn't hiding in the shadows and waiting for the right moment to ki—"

"I will not let you die on my watch." My tone was firm and seriou, "besides, Luigi wants you alive. Anyway, you don't have to worry, this beach house is safe." I stared at her, "You're here to have fun."

Thea was undoubtedly the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She had no idea what she was doing to me. Her voice was angelic, her eyes held a whole story, her whole self was like a drug. That sounds so...weird coming from me.

"Thank you." She muttered softly.

"I do hope you brought your swimwear." I tried to hard not to look down at her lips. Never in my whole life have I ever had such a strong urge to kiss someone like I have, to kiss her.

"I did not",she replied, "I wasn't planning to swim."

"You are at the beach but you are not going to swim?" I frowned, "what are you gonna do? Sleep?" Without giving her the time to reply, I grab her hand before walking towards the huge house. She didn't take her hand away and I was glad.

I opened the door and entered the house with her behind. She looked around, admiring the beauty of the simple yet huge beach house. There was a living room just in the entrance and beside, there was a door which led to the kitchen. There were six rooms upstairs and a game room beside my private room.

"There's a room upstairs." I spoke, grabbing her attention. She was busy looking around. "There are clothes in there."

"How come you always have women's clothes ready?" She asked, furrowing her brows in curiousity.

"I had someone arrange these clothes yesterday." I replied calmly.

"How come you know my size?"

"I know everything about you."

"Creepy." She muttered, even though she knew things about me too. "what about when you kidnapped me?"

"When you were in the cell..."I paused, "and when you were beaten up...I did not want to send you back to that place. So, I told Macy who took care of the room."

"But there are like a hundreds of clothes...expensive ones." She frowned.

I shrugged, "I gave you new clothes. You should be happy not grumpy."

"But I do not like to get thi—"

"Look, you joined my mafia. Consider this as a welcome gift. Now come on, I'll show you the room." I began walking and that's when I realized that I was still holding her hand. It was fascinating how her hands fitted perfectly in mine.

She made no attempt to remove her hand again and followed me quietly. I stopped in front of a door and opened it, revealing a huge room. We entered the room and I released her hand, instantly missing the warmth.

She sat on the bed while I walked over to the cupboard and opened it. A couple of casual outfits came in view as well as underwears and other stuffs.

I took out a pair of blue underwear before throwing it at her. She caught it, without realizing what I threw. Her face turned red when she saw what she was holding. I smirked at her expression, "change into these."

"No." She threw them back at me, "I'm not wearing that."

I caught it before holding it with a finger, "why not? You'll look just fine in this." She shot me a glare.

"I was just kidding" I said with a slight smirk before putting it back in the cupboard. "So, you want to swim naked? Fine by me."

"I'm not going to swim. I just want to..." she bit her lip, "I don't know...build a sand castle? Maybe?"

Her words stunned me. That's like the cutest thing I've ever heard. She wanted to build a sand castle. She was an assassin yet she was such a child.

"You want to build a sand castle?" I fought the urge to smile.

She nodded, "don't laugh at me."

"I won't."