Falling

Me and Lin walked into Richard Rogers theater the next morning and nobody was there yet. Lin asked if I could help clean up backstage because it got a little messy the night prior.
We told the cast that they could bring in personal things like pillows, blankets, etc. To their dressing rooms to make it more comfortable.

I started cleaning up backstage, throwing away trash, polishing up the place. I didn't expect anybody to be here, since it was still early, until someone came up behind me and covered my eyes.

"Guess Who." said a familiar voice.

"Hmm, Pipa?" I responded, even though I knew it was Daveed.

"Haha, you're hilarious." he said sarcastically.

"I know." I said while turning around to face him with a big smile on my face.

He smiled down at me. Even though I technically wasn't short, he stilled slightly towered over me.

He put his hands on my waist, and I put my hands on the back of his neck and exhaled very slowly. I got lost in his eyes. I didn't dare to pull my gaze away from his. Our faces subconsciously moved towards each other until they were only inches apart.

"Hey." he said in a low voice.

"Hey" I responded.

Then I looked at his hair. It was in an Afro style. I love it. I hadn't seen it like this yet, since the last few days he's had his hair pulled back into a bun.

My eyes widened in attraction.

"Heyyyyyy" I said again, but in a playful tone.

He chuckled.

"You should leave your hair like this more often, I love it." 

"Thank you." he said. He was still looking deeply into my eyes lovingly.

He leaned in to kiss me, but I put my finger to his lips before he could.

"No." I said, attempting to be serious.

I wanted to kiss him. I really did, but I barely know him. Yes, I enjoy his company, and he is adorable, but I just met him.

"Why not!" he said in a whiny tone as I pulled my finger away from his lips.

"Because we barely know each other. We can't do this."

"You're right." He said.

But we stayed in the same position, neither of us moving a single muscle, our faces still inches away from each other.

"I have to finish cleaning." I said. Again, we didn't move.

My eyes kept looking between his eyes and lips. I was so tempted to kiss him,

"I'll help you."

"No" i said.

"Why?" he said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because if you help we're most likely going to end up back in this position."

"And that's a bad thing?" He asked while tilting his head to the side.

"Not necessarily."

He smiled down at me.

Fuck it. I leaned into him. Our lips were about to collide when I heard Lin's voice approaching.

We jumped out of each others arms as Lin waltzed in the room while whistling. I swear this man is too happy for his own good.

"Oh, hey Daveed. I didn't know you were here." He said with his natural warm smile.

"Yeah I got here like 5 minutes ago." He said and exhaled, while putting his hands into the back pocket of his jeans and rocking back and forth on his feet.

We both looked at each other with a certain look. I couldn't name it though. It was a look of uncertainty, a secretive look, of guilt even, but regardless a look of passion, and love.

I'm not saying i'm in love with Daveed, for I only met him a few days ago, but damn, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up falling for him.

A/N: what's up guys. I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. Since the last time I uploaded I went through a breakup, lost a lot of motivation, wrote a speech so I can run for class president and a lot of drama has been going on around me so you can imagine I haven't had much time to upload and I sincerely apologize for that. So far this story has 43 views, which doesn't seems like a lot, but it's a lot more than i thought i would ever get on anything so that's great. I don't know when I'll be uploading again but hopefully it's soon, but right now I'm gonna sleep because it's 11:46 p.m.

What'd you guys think of this chapter? Remember Brutal Honesty.