Lin

We made it to the theater and I went straight to my designing room and started working on Jefferson's costume. Jefferson was by far my favorite costume in the entire production.

It was loud, bright, and it made a statement. All while it was sophisticated and shows personality.

Daveed and I were the only ones in the theatre until I heard a knock on my dressing room door, and it wasn't daveed. It was Lin.

He was leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed as I crossed my arms and leaned against my designing desk.

"Hello." I said.

"Y/N you're an adult." He said with a straight face.

"Yeah...I'm aware."

"You're allowed to make your own decisions"
He said almost cutting me off.

"Yes. Where is this going?" I responded.

"Although I have no say in who you date, when it comes to this show, you have to be careful. I can't risk there being drama or tension, I need everyone focused. I have worked my ass off to get here today and I don't want you messing it up."

"I won't. I'm being careful, I promi-"

"Y/N I don't think I want you to be our costume designer anymore."
He said before taking a deep breath.

"You're kidding. That's hilarious Lin, really."

"Listen to my reasoning. If something goes wrong with you and Daveed, then there's gossip and tension and drama. This is something that I've worked hard for and I need to do what's best for the sho-"

"What about what's best for me? I have worked hours upon hours on choreography and costumes and now you want to fire me. I sent myself into a panic attack because I wanted to make this perfect for you. Lin, I know how hard you've worked, but I've worked hard too. Just to make sure that you're happy with how everything is going. And now you're firing me? That hardly seems fair."

"You're right it's not fair. But I have done so much for you and right now I'm doing what's best for me and my show. God you're so selfish. I'm the one that took you in when you came back from Chicago, I'm the one that put you in counseling, I'm the one that trusted you to help with this show, and now you're ruining it!"
That's when I saw the regret in his face, the instant disdain in his eyes and the hurt in his words. He knew he was wrong for saying that and there's nothing he can do about it now.

But I couldn't be hurt about it. I can't just loose my job. Not to mention I love this cast, and I need a job.

"So whose gonna design costumes?" I said.

"I'll find someone else. I'll do it myself if I have to."

"You're just making this harder on yourself."

"Maybe. But at least I'll ensure that everyone will stay happy."

"You said that you don't want tension, but what will happen when everyone finds out why you fired me? What's gonna happen to Daveed?"
I said.

I wanted to cry, I wouldn't but I wanted to. I refuse to cry in front of Lin.

"I heard my name." Daveed said while peering his around the doorway.

At this point Lin had slowly walked toward me so now daveed was the one in the doorway.

"Don't worry about it, everything is fi-" Lin attempted to speak but I cut him off.

"Daveed can you drive me home please?" I said.

"Yeah. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine." I said while grabbing my sweater and house keys from the desk.

Little Miranda  Daveed DiggsxReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara