Brief Backstory

Author's note: Just a quick summary of the important events that happened before the story, chapter 8 will be released tomorrow (If my bad wifi allows that)

1969: The first human (Neil Armstrong) sets foot on Luna (Earth's moon).

2080: Luna and Mars had been colozined by Earth's nations in a joint effort.

2100's: Two militant movements: The neo-communist Koslovics (from Mars) and the fascist Friedens (from Germany) fight against eachother and the UN (Who declares both organizations as terrorists).

2160 - 2162: The Jovian Moon Campaign is sparked by a attack on the administrators on Io, a short time later the Rainforest Wars are fought in South America.

2163: The United Nations Space Command (UNSC), a branch of the later created UEG is formed.

2163 - 2166: The Mars Campaign is the first time UN Marines were deployed on another planet, the campaign was a succesful strike against the Koslovics.

2164 - 2170: The Interplanetary Wars, a series of armed conflicts where the newly formed UNSC emerges victorious.

2170: The Unified Earth Goverment (UEG) is formed.

2291: The Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine is unveiled.

2302: New Mombasa is the first city on Earth to receive a space tether: The New Mombasa Orbital Elevator.

2310: The UEG unveils the first line of colony ships in the face of overpopulation and establishes the Colonial Administration Authority (CAA) and the Colonial Military Administration (CMA); as administrative and military bodies for Earth's colonies.

2412: The colonization of the Outer Colonies is started.

2493: The Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser enters service with the UNSC.

2495: After only two years of service all Valiant-class super-heavy cruisers are temporarily decommisioned and partially scrapped by the UNSC Navy.

2497: The UNSC reintroduces the Valiant-class super-heavy cruisers to fight the out-of-control insurrection.

2525: Operation: TREBUCHET, a operation to eradicate the insurrection; is stopped due to the beginning of the Human-Covenant war.

2543: Admiral Preston J. Cole, one of the UNSC's best tacticians, dies in the Battle of Psi Serpentis (also known as Admiral Cole's Last Stand).

2552: After a morale-boosting victory for the UNSC at Sigma Octanus IV, the Covenant discover and destroy Reach, the UNSC loses Reach and 60% of their entire navy. UNSC Victorious Protector is destroyed when trying to get away after Reach fell.