~ The Sultan of Agrabah ~

~-=+=- Based on the original Disney cartoon; 1992 -=+=-~

Shouta Aizawa, the Sultan of Agrabah, was about to take a well-deserved nap in his bedroom. Being a single father of a daughter who doesn't seem to care about the future of her kingdom was an extremely tiring task. He had finally gotten her to stay alone in a room with her newest - and final - suitor, Prince Neito, but two seconds after his head hit the pillow, his doors were thrown open by a very upset looking blond man. The guards that watched over his room tried to stop the prince, but it was no use; his dramatics were too much for them.

"I've never been so insulted!" Neito cried, throwing his hands up into the air. "Never! In my entire life!" From what Aizawa could tell, somehow the back of the prince's pants had gotten ripped off. And the rip marks were recognizable; his daughter's pet bengal tiger, Kendou. Oh, that was going to be a hit on Agrabah's reputation. Absolutely wonderful.

Aizawa sighed. "Oh, Prince Neito. You're not leaving so soon, are you?" He sat up in the bed. As much as the kid annoyed him, he was the last attempt at saving Agrabah from going into bankruptcy. It was coming to the Sultan's mind that perhaps he shouldn't have left the two of them alone. Not with the princess's track record with the other suitors.

Neito's face turned bright red with anger. "Good luck marrying her off!" He turned and stormed out of the room, giving the Sultan a wonderful view of his boxers. The guards at the door chuckled amongst themselves as the prince clomped off and out of the palace.

"Shit," Aizawa muttered, now getting fully out of his bed. Knowing the princess, she would most likely be out in the garden. He walked there as quickly as he could, not taking the time to appreciate the beautiful flowers and vines that grew around the outside of the palace. His wife had loved the garden, and he hardly had the energy to go out there more than he found absolutely necessary. But out at the fountain, just as he had suspected, was his sixteen year old daughter: Princess (Y/n). She had long (H/c) hair that was pulled into a side ponytail with multiple sections and bright (e/c) eyes. She was wearing her signature blue two-piece outfit and was looking off at the wall that faced the city.

"(Y/n)," Aizawa sighed. He knew she must feel horrible, being trapped inside the palace all the time, but he had to know she could handle taking on the role of controlling the kingdom by the time she became the ruler. Besides, it was a comforting life, living with maids and servants to cater to her every whim. And yet, she still wanted more. She was stubborn, just like her mother.

As Aizawa walked towards his daughter, he was stopped in place by Kendou, her rather large bengal tiger, who had a piece of Neito's pants sticking out of her mouth. The Sultan let out a large breath of air and swiped the cloth away from her, walking up behind the princess. "Dammit, Kendou," he cursed. "So this is why Prince Neito stormed out and interrupted my nap."

(Y/n) turned around, suddenly made aware that her father was in the garden with her. "Oh, Dad. Kendou was just playing with him, weren't you girl?" Kendou walked lazily over to the princess and the girl scratched lovingly behind her ears. "You were just playing with that overdressed, self-absorbed Prince Neito, weren't you?" She buried her face into Kendou's fur and seemed to be lost in the moment until she remembered her father was there. "Oh."

"Kid," Aizawa ran his hand through his dark hair in exasperation. "You've got to stop rejecting every suitor that comes to call. The law says-." (Y/n) cut him off with a wave of her hand.

"That I must be married to a prince," (Y/n) finished, rolling her eyes. "I know." She stood up and brushed off her clothes, walking away from the bubbling fountain and towards a cage of white doves that sat near the edge of the garden. She looked at them with a feeling Aizawa couldn't explain: a mix between longing and guilt, if he had to choose something.