Chapter 7: God Help

Ruby's Pov...

"Ruby no!"

"They'll hang ya if ya don't stop!"

I could here all dem behind me yellin but it was if I forgot all my God fearin morals and threw em to the side. I couldnt bring myself to pry my hands off Diannas neck. Her face was blue and the whites of her eyes were Red as the fire that burned in hell. Exactly where she belongs! And I was gonna be the who sent her there. She got the only person who loved any of us whole heartidly killed and it caused the light of this plantation to be taken away by the Lynch Mob. She could be dead, she could be sold right now. And I could be wrong but chockin the unholy shit out of her feels so right. I had tossed her around like one of dem toys Jackson throws around for about two hours till i finally was able to knock her to the ground. She put up a good fight but she knew she couldn't win.

She held onto my wrist and her legs kicked under me. she was gonna be havin a long talk with God when she dies to see if he would even consider letting her see those golden gates.

I felt hands grab my body and i felt myself being lifted. I had no choice but to let go of her neck. She gasped for air like a beached fish and squirmed around like a chicken with its head cut off. The sight only made me smile more.

May rushed to her side like a dumb puppy, trying to help her breath. May just as sick as she is. I was being pulled away but i snatched from their grip and kicked May right in her head. She's our equal. She supposed to be on our side. Not fighting along with the enemy.

"c'mon ruby you done did enough" Honey screamed as she pulled me away. I dusted my skirt from where I had dug my knees into the red georgia dirt to get a stable postion to choke that evil woamn. Ugh! i could just kill her. 

"Whats goin on out here" August came out the house and walked down the path to us. 

Everything seemed to get quiter than a cemetery in December.

"Wheres Julie?" he looked around and we all looked at one another.

June and Autumn looked around as well, since they just walked out from the servants house with the baby.

"Yeah were is she Ruby?"

Tears filled my eyes and I shook my head as i lowered it lookin at the ground below me.

"She got took".

"W-what do ya mean t-took?" August walked closer to me with watery eyes.

"They killed Mr. Danbury and took julie with them". I looked at August to be met with the eyes of a man that looked like he had lost everything to the devil. Which he had. Dianna had started something that needed no startin. 

"b-but why?" he shook his head slowly in disbelif and walked closer to me.

"im guessin Dianna wrote a telegram to the Lynchers about Julie but it turned around and they killed Danbury instead. They took Julie for God knows why". Tears poured form his face and he flenched his shirt over his heart.

"You lie. Is this some time of uh- uh joke?!" I shook my head in response.

He laughed and laughed almost scaring me. He walked over to dianna and punched her in the face till blood spattered all over him. 

"boy let off her, fo ya killa". Micheal pulled him off and May still layed unconcious on the ground from the kick i sent to her head, so Dianna was alone to fend for herself.

"My husband is dead. so things are about to get a little different around her". she stood up as blood flowed from her nose like hot soup. "you will do whatever i say or that rope you see there, hanging in the tree, will be around your necks. I deserved this beating but this will be the last time you disrespect me Ruby!" She stood to her feet and wiped her face.