Chapter 21: May Fever

August

Lucky left for work early since her and Ruby fix breakfast and I just couldn't keep my hands to myself.

Julie just so beautiful and I'm a man I have needs.

Serious needs.

Ever since I been on the Danbury farm, wakin up to Julie every morning, I be hard like two bricks.

She had lcoked the door and put the key down the dresser.

She had all her clothes off. Now listen... I seen plenty of woman naked all them ladies was hairer than all hell. But Julie... That girl is almost bald like an eagle. I stripped from all my clothing and laid her on the bed. I been dreaming waiting for this.

"You gone have to be quite". She nodded. I pushed my way in and she tucked her lips. I rubbed my hands up and down her smooth legs. She cried out and I went shower.

I kissed her lips keeping her quite.

She put her hands on my back and I got on my knees fully. The faces she made kept me going.

"yes". She whispered. She put a grip on the blankets and I went a tad faster. Her breath became quick and so did mine.

I closed my eyes and released myself inside her. She moaned out and I smiled to myself.

Before I could continue, there was a scream.

Ruby

I went to bring Mrs. D her breakfast when I discovered her dead as a doornail. I screamed loud in excitment. The sight of her gray body and the stinch of her corpse made me sick but she is dead. I looked out her window to make sure no one outside heard me.

August and Julie ran into the room lookin like I interuptted a moment.

Julie gasped.

"We can't tell no one bout this. We gone serve breakfast like usual, tell em Mrs. Dianna is sick and doesn't want a soul to bother her. Not even May". Lucky walked in.

"Lucky go lock all the windows and doors, no one is to get in for quite some time". I held my breath as the heat in this house just made it worse.

Jackson began to cry. Julie ran off out the room, August watched her as she left.

"Help me wrap her". I pulled one side of the covers on top of her. Aug rolled her and wrapper her nice and tight. I helped em carry her to her closet. "That should hold the smell in".

He looked at me strangley.

"If you think I killed her, drop it from your mind 'cause someone beat me to it". I had been cookin a way to get rid of that woman but someone was prepared way before I.

August left the room and I closed the door. I took the tray of food and ate it. In all my years I never had eggs. I took a first bite and frowned, not as good as I thought.

Lucky

I smiled. This was to easy. I've got my eyes set on the next person then we can all be free.

August

I watched Julie rock Jacky back to sleep. she laid him back in bed.

"You gone be a good mama to our kids".

"August hush". I kissed her sweetly.

"You gone have my babies just you'll see". She kissed me this time.

"I would love to have your children". I smiled.

"Good. I love you Ms. Julie".

"And I love you August".

I kissed her lovely lips before I picked up Jackson slowly. I saw Julie's face change like she was deep in thought. She sat on the bed fixing her eyes on the window.

"I a bring you food up". She nodded.

I walked down too the kitchen to see Ruby prancing around the dining room, putting food on the table.

"Go unlock the front door and ring that bell Lucky to let them know its time to eat". She nodded and hurried outside to ring the bell.

I took a seat with Jackson sleep in my arms. Others came in and sat in their seats.

They ask sat around waiting for Dianna so we could eat.

"Where Mrs. D?". May said from the end of the table.

Ruby and I exchanged looks.

"She uh fell ill last night and told us too bring her breakfast this morning so she could rest". I hate telling stories it there's no purpose.

"I'll go check on her-"

"No! Uh I mean. She said no one to come to her room. Not even you". She looked at me and sat back down.

"Now let's do less talking and pray". I bowed my head and closed my eyes. "Thank you father God for blessing or bodies with this food we are about to recieve. In your sons name I pray. Amen".

"Amen".

We all dug in.

May stared at me the whole time she ate. I swallowed hard and finished eating.

Imma have to keep my eyes on her.

----------