Chapter 7

The duck quacking got louder and more annoying. Seriously did Moblit adopt some kind of duck in this house without my permission or...
Reluctantly, I took off my sleeping masks and opened my eyes. I took a quick glance round the room. No ducks. And then I felt my phone buzzing. God, it was my damn alarm. But forget that. I WAS LATE AGAIN!

Ah, shit this happens all the time. What sort of teacher was I? It was currently ten to eight and I was still in bed. I gotta get out of this house by 8:00 and set up class. I kept muttering words under my breath whilst I had my shower and quickly got dressed. Something decent for work. A shirt tucked into a pair of my black trousers and a jacket. With a belt obviously. Unlike teachers that wore pencil skirt that revealed practically everything, I stuck with trousers. The last jacket smelt terrible and it hadn't been washed. I was busy the entire weekend anyway.

I kissed Moblit's forehead taking my bag and running out of the house. Before I left I managed to grab a banana. It isn't even that bad considering I always skip breakfast since I'm always running late for work. I drove quite faster like usual because I was slowly yet quickly running out of time. And every time the traffic might went red, I felt like slamming my fist on the steering wheel. It took me about twenty minutes to arrive at school due to the traffic. Just as I was rushing and running my hands through my bag to find my classroom key, I bumped into someone. I lifted my head up and gulped hard.

"Oh would you look at that", he said looking down at his watch "Hange Zoe's late again"
This time he was smirking. I gave him a cheesy grin whilst trying to come up with an excuse.

"Erwin. Sir. I... Uh..."
Oh I get it. It's easier to come up with excuses and as harsh as it is to say, lie to my own boyfriend but difficult to lie to my boss.

He put in hand on my shoulder making me move a little.
"Its fine. This happens all the time and I always let you get away with it. You can repay me by going out with me for lunch"

"Oh no sir. I can't", I replied shaking my head and refusing his offer.

" Hange I'm your boss"

This is not happening. We have this conversation every time. One thing I'm not doing is cheating. He was waffling on about how he was my boss and could give me an upgrade and all if I could date him and I wasn't listening to any of that crap. Luckily, Nanaba interrupted him.

"Er... Sir. Sorry for the interruption. Rico and I wanted to double check something with you for a quick minute"
She said before she noticed me and waved while smiling. I waved back and thanked her with my eyes before running off to my classroom. As soon as I stepped into class, I set up my desk and everything. I looked at the clock. Children were now arriving. So I sat and looked at the time. 8:44. In about a minute, the bell will go. And I'll have to face another day of burning hell. And just as I predicted the bell went. After two minutes or so my door swung open and they all ran in like the little childish brats they were. Some of them.

Eren came up to me along with Mikasa and Armin, hugging his books like they meant the world to him. Eren was grinning whilst fiddling with his thumbs. Yep I know what this means.

"Um... Hello miss Zoe. Er... So I have this dog named-"

"No." , I told him "No dogs. Eren if your going to give an excuse for not doing your homework come up with something better. Just please. No 'my dog ate my homework'. That won't work on me"

Mikasa took a step forward. She was now going to defend him and blame herself with that scarf that makes me question the last time she washed it. Seen her little "sacrifice for Eren" way too many times.

"I'm really sorry for Eren's irresponsibility, Miss Zoe. But we were really busy and I got him to help me with mine so he had no time to actually do his. It's my fault. I'm Really sorry"