Welcoming

My last ymbryne led me to the loop, but didn't enter with me. As I entered I was scared, what if they don't like me? What if I get kicked out of another loop? What if...the list just continues. I have a problem with overthinking, my mind generally goes to the worst scenarios. I kept my head down, hoping I was going the right way. Hearing each clunk of my bags every time I took a step. My mind was racing thought after thought, it felt like my head was going to explode until I looked up and saw a beautiful building. This was the place, this is it. I didn't want to think the worst so I just walked up. I stood on the doorstep for a minute thinking of what I would say and as I went to knock the door swung open. A beautiful woman stood before me, dark hair with blue in it, a suit that fit her just right with black tights and heels, she was stunning. She stood there a minute before breaking the silence.
"You must be Miss Y/L/N, it truly is a pleasure having you with us, I'm Miss Peregrine!"
She reached out her hand for a proper greeting, so I shook it. Man, she has a tight grip.
"That's me, but please call me Y/N" I usually like the formal name Miss Y/L/N but like I said, I want things to be different here.
"Alrighty then, Y/N it is! Would you like to join me for some tea? You can leave your bags by the door" She smiled.
"I'd love that" I replied, returning the smile as I set down my bags.
I watched her heels click on the floor as we made our way to the kitchen. A red head was warming it.
"This is Olive, her peculiarity is pyrokinesis"
When Olive turned to look at me her eyes got wide and darted at the tea cups beginning to pour the tea. She had noticed my scars.
"Olive, this is our new perculiar, Y/N"
"Hello Y/N it's nice to meet you." Her eyes met mine and she gave me a big smile, she didn't look away this time so I returned a smile.
"It's nice to meet you as well"
A brown haired boy who had jars in his hands walked by and Olive went after him.
"Please sit!" Miss Peregrine said gesturing the seat next to hers. I sat and for sure I thought she was going to imply something about the scars.
"The boy that just walked by, his name is Enoch, his peculiarity is the ability to temporarily bring life into corpses or inanimate objects using the heart of an animal"
"Is that what was in those jars?"
"Yes" She sat there just looking at me for a second I was curious as to what she was thinking, but I wasn't able to read her mind, weird.
"Would you like me to show you to your room? You have a couple hours before dinner."
"Yes, that would be amazing"
She showed me to my room and I absolutely loved it.
"Thank you for taking me in your loop Miss, I am truly grateful. I know i'm putting everyone in danger, I'm sorry-"
"No, don't apologize. We are all in danger anyway sweetheart. It was my choice to bring you in, whatever happens is on me."
"I just know it's a lot-"
Before I could continue she grabbed my hands and cupped them, I felt a shock go through my body.
"It's okay you don't have to explain anything, we are so delighted to have you." She gave a concerned look before smiling.
"Thank you."
She tapped my hands and walked out, I guess it's time to unpack.