"For me?" - Oneshot

This is not related to the story.

Join my new discord server if you want, I need friends that simp for giant murder men.

https://discord.gg/s2Mwhmzv

________________________________

CRASH

Lighting sounded outside.

A thunderstorm is rolling in.

Your boyfriend Jason is nowhere to be seen.

You've been standing at the window for what seems like hours, but it has only been a few minutes since you realized that the weather has gotten ugly. Jason had gone out to check on some traps in preparation for the steadily approaching summer. 

He should've been back an hour ago.

A sudden movement in your peripherals pulled you from your thoughts. A figure approaches your position in the window. Even with features obscured by shadows, you recognize the hulking figure of your boyfriend and dash to greet him at the door.

...

In front of you stands a man that almost seems unrecognizable with how hard he's trembling.

Jason is completely drenched, his clothes are soaked through with rainwater and his boots are covered in mud.

You're so taken aback by his appearance that you don't notice his arm is extended to give you something. In his clenched fist are a bundle of wildflowers nearly obliterated by his grip.

You hold your hand out to him, expecting him to place the flowers in your waiting palms.

Jason's not here right now.

You recognize the distant look in his eyes, the same look he has whenever he gets caught in the rain.

You gently squeeze his fist to coax him to relax his grip, it works just enough to pull the flowers from his hand without damaging them further. You set them on the table beside the door and grab Jason's arm. A light tug works to gain his attention enough for you to lead him to the couch and get him to sit down.

With one last look in his direction you leave to grab some towels and a fresh change of clothes from the closet.

You come back to find Jason exactly as you left him.

He allows you to remove his shirt. You pat his skin dry using a large towel with all the gentleness you could muster.

He looks beyond you, unseeing, yet seeing everything he doesn't want to see.

You realize you won't be able to get him into dry clothes without his assistance.

You go to retrieve the flowers from the table, you stand in front of him with them pressed into your chest, uncaring if the moisture seeps into your clothes.

"They're lovely, Jason."

His eyes snap towards where the flowers are clutched against your chest.

"Are these for me?"

He remains still for a few moments, but responds with a curt nod.

"...Thank you."

His eyes meet yours briefly, you give him a small smile.

You sit the flowers in an empty vase and grab a dry towel.

"I'm gonna go make you some tea, can you dry yourself and change while I'm gone?"

The nod comes quicker this time, you hand him the towel and set off to the kitchen to make some Earl Gray tea.

______

"ACK!"

You fell from the counter trying to reach the box of tea leaves on the top shelf of the cabinets. Jason designed this house with his height in mind after all.

Your mind is filled with the sound of thundering footsteps, getting quieter and quieter until your mind goes blank.

______

Jason comes into the kitchen to find you sprawled out on the floor, dazed and confused. He kneels and checks you over. Luckily, you're not too injured but there's a small bump on the back of your head.

Jason gingerly brushes his fingertips over it and you respond with a small groan.

He stands back up and in your daze you think he's going to go back into the living room. Instead he leans over to scoop you into his arms and takes you to the living room with him.

He sits with you on his lap, arms wrapped around your midsection and face nestled in the crook of your neck, careful to avoid the bump. It is only now that you realize he opted to be sans mask. You avoid looking at his face in fear of spooking him.

You spend the rest of the night settled comfortably in his arms.