Climbing Walls

Don't be afraid to comment🤍!

HOLY SHIT OVER 100 VIEWS! side note; my sister is making me watch Bridgerton.

y/n's pov

My waking was gradual, which, for me was a very unfamiliar feeling. Usually I'm awoken by Hermione, nightmares or Crookshanks. So my initial instinct is to pretend I'm still asleep. All around me there's silence. I spare a glance, opening my eye closest to the pillow. I curse my eyes for taking so long to adjust to the morning light that spills in from the light fixtures and windows. The fear and frustration shatters once I see the oh so familiar room of the Big house; the infirmary.

I look to the night stands and read a note left probably for me, it reads ' the glass of nectar is if you're still wobbly or light headed, love Silena, Charlie, and Will                                                                                                P.s We haven't told Annabeth your here.🖤

I flung off my blanket and shuffled to the edge of the bed, then jumped of the edge like someone was waiting below to catch me like something a kid and their parent would do. I crumbled to the floor but not because I physically couldn't, because I was to caught up in my thoughts of my parents, when they seemed like they would always love me no mater what.

 Ha... how embarrassing! I stood up as fast as I could hoping nobody would come in and see me crumpled on the floor, wishing my parents cared for me. next to me the glass of nectar rippled momentarily.

I inhale and wait a second, no dizziness. I guess I'm good to go then.

I grabbed my slightly damp shoes and put them on, and continued down the hall. Knowing the building better than my parents faces, I hurried out the door. When at the table occupied by Mr.D and Chiron I lean on it and say in a bored voice "Hey what's the time, date, and where is Annabeth?" Chiron  looks over at me and while Chiron is looking my way Mr.D try's to see the cards in his in his hand.

"Good morning, it's around 7:50, Thursday, and I believe she is at the climbing wall." Chiron listed all in one breath. "Thanks!" I shout while running down the steps of the deck my destination set; The Climbing Wall.

I arrived panting, with a dry mouth, and all sweaty. My shoes are now way more than damp, gross! My gaze climbed half way up the wall until it fell on the skilled blonde. My breath evens out and I walk up to the wall and start to climb. I've been up and down this plenty of times so it wasn't hard but it wasn't a mindless effort.

Once caught up with Annabeth I passed her because the only ledges in her reach are occupied, then sat at the top of the wall looking down on her. Eventually the person blocking her fell almost the whole way down, and she caught sight of me. She squealed and her hand slipped..

But she caught herself. Annabeth must of looked like something was chasing her up the wall with the sudden enthusiasm that she started climbing with. She quickly and easily reached me, once on the top she pulled me up of the ledge and gave me a bear hug witch I quickly responded to. We talked for about fifteen minutes all while giggling and smiling then she decided we should get some more planing for the upcoming came of capture the flag.

The whole day I was extremely sore. Probably from the hour long, uncomfortable rides that I had to experience yesterday. I ended up having to drink the nectar that I left on the bed side table in the infirmary, oops? Many people came to come say 'Hi' or check up on me throughout the day, it's about the same amount of people who asked me how I became friends with 'The Golden Trio' the first week of our friendship, which was quite a lot of people.

For dinner I refiled my cup with pumpkin juice every once in a while, a few times people looked over and asked what I was drinking. I just answered vaguely and continued eating. Dinner was perfect as usual and once finished I met up with Annie at six thirty two so we had about five hours to do what we want. Our conversation shifted and we often cut each other off, in the kindest way possible we just where so exited about what we where talking about. 

We now have three hours to do whatever we want and we're currently debating what it is we should do. "You want to sparr?" Annabeth suggested. There would most likely be no one there and I haven't got much training in since leaving before the first of September. "Ya that could be fun, see who's more better than the other" I agreed but also made a successful attempt at annoying Annie. I didn't catch what she replied to my purposeful grammar, error, mistake, thing, I was already running from the wrath of Athena's daughter, hoping I could escape even though I had already agreed to sparr with her. 

After running around for apparently three hours we headed to bed. I didn't fall asleep like I hoped I would, I was exhausted, but alas I was wide awake and yet sooo tired! Eventually I did end up sleeping, though it was about as peaceful as having a cat step on your boob.

about 925 words