Meeting New Mates

I haven't done anything after the school days for two weeks, and it's getting boring. I'm listening to The Campfire Song, among others. My friends made it for me, on repeat, reminiscing about times without a huge conflict about whether or not we should overthrow the gods. I shouldn't be thinking about this, I can't even do anything about the war from here. 

What else could I be doing? I could find Hermione, Harry, and Ron. But would they even acknowledge me, or would they send me away? What reason do they hold to dislike me all of a sudden, or did they even like me in the first place? Could they have found out about how I sat with the Sytherins on the train? Would that be enough for them to drop me like a hot potato? Was my friendship with them enough to spark rumors?

Anyway, I'm not doing anything except letting my mind take over as I lay motionless on my bed in the girls' dormitory. I hear the heavy wooden door open and footsteps nearing.

"Y/n, come on, we have care of magical creatures," Lavender reminds me and collects her books before pushing me from my bed.

Hermione's POV

I watch as y/n glares at the back of Hagrid's head while walking into the forbidden forest. How could she have a sliver of hate for him, HAGRID, the sweetest man alive! The class arrives at a clearing, with a lake, in the lake is a horse-like creature that has a tail instead of its two back legs and is covered in scales in place of hair.

"Who would like to pet it?" Hagrid questions the class looking for a volunteer.

"I will," Y/n mutters while walking up before kneeling in front of the animal. The way she's carrying herself, it feels like she knows this creature, or at least has known one of its kind. She takes the instruction from Hagrid without seeming to be listening and executes it without flaw. Perhaps she has been more experienced than us with the creatures. Maybe she can protect herself, and we shouldn't be afraid to include her in our dangerous adventures?

I turn to Harry and Ron and share my thoughts. They agree and don't give much else to say, so we turn back around to listen to the lesson.

Y/n's POV

The giant Care of Magical Creatures teacher dismissed us from class and we all headed back to the castle. Hagrid has shown no malic of any kind toward me but that doesn't mean he won't try and kill me, how did a monster from my world even get into this school?

The walk back to the castle up the hill is so long and boring without someone to talk about anything with. I block out the sounds of chatter and focus on my breathing.

"What's your name, beautiful?" A tall blonde Gryffindor guy said, falling into step with me and looking down at me.

"Y/n... what's your name?" I question, looking at him with suspicion hidden behind my eyes and just below my voice. He would have caught the caution if he wasn't so confident and full of himself.

"Cormac McLadden, love"