Flying Lessons

Please don't be afraid to comment ♥

School takes too much time like I don't even like most of my classmates, what's the point? sorry for the wait, enjoy

y/n's pov

The first week of break is currently burning like our daily bonfire. I was aching to claimed once again- more than my feet after a long day of race's against the Stoll's across the island-, this always what I felt like when I re-enter the world of the Gods that exists outside of England. If only I could find a foreground in between both my worlds, still having all of my friends friends together, but me not having to explain the whole thing to both sides. But anyway Annie has been acting like I'm an experiment that needs to be observed and studied. I think she's getting suspicious of my education, I remember telling her how much I despised school, then the next year I come to camp so ready for another year of school, no wonder she's caught on!

At right now, out of my thoughts, I'm walking away from the pavilion, I've finished dinner and am heading to the Hecate cabin. Turns out they always knew about the wizarding world but decided not to tell anyone, anyway they have many books that they're letting me use to study. I've became friends with most of the cabin and it makes me wonder if Hecate is my mother, but I'm still not certain-it's only a suspicion- and even if I was I wouldn't be able to change cabins until she claimed me.

I lugged myself towards the one of the four doors of the twentieth cabin, aware that I might be in the way if it changes shape, size or location. I knocked on the door then opened it knowing whoever is inside won't mind as I'm known by all of the few residence. As I enter the room I take in it's appearance that could change any moment. The middle of the floor's covered by a fluffy Green rug that resembles moss, behind that there's a cushioned bench up against the wall with a bundle of blanket on top, the wall mirroring that is are two empty bunks. The wall behinds colour being a deep grey with symbols that I vaguely knew what the reason of their purpose.( I suggest searching and reading this https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Hecate%27s_Cabin )

 The space is dimly lit. I sit myself on the bench not bothering to move the blanket and at once I was launched of the bench and across the room. I landed on the floor with a loud grunt "Who is that?!" said someone before bounding towards me, their feet slapping the floor on maximum volume hurting my probably bruised head. I shut my eyes, trying to  focus on capturing the wind that escaped my lungs

 "Oh I'm so sorry y/n, I was napping then you sat on me and I panicked." whoever it was sounded 'feminine' and apologetic." I didn't even think about what I might have been launching." Her voice shifted to sound more at ease, the apologetic tone had now dripped through the floor, nowhere to be seen. I must have been talking to Lou, who is now standing at my side nudging my rib cadge with her foot. And she didn't stop until I started chasing her, she then was to preoccupied running to worry about kicking me.

When Lou Ellen and I stopped running around and being rowdy she fetched me many books about Hogwarts and magic with a wand she helped me study and made conversation. The sun eventually fell from the sky and the harpy's got ready for dinner, so I made my way back to the cabin I was so very familiar with. 

The night air was calm, cold, and felt as if time was frozen, the cabin was hot, humid, cramped, and filled with the soft snores of the many campers inside. Falling asleep was easy enough, my mind when over the day while my consciousness slipped away.

approximately 673 words