Not an Update - a Memorial

Twenty years ago today people went to work expecting to file more paperwork and answer stressful phone calls. Other people on business and traveling with their spouses and kids were boarding planes dreading the jet lag they'd have after they landed. None of them expected what was about to happen. For most of us we were too young or not born yet to remember 9/11 the way the adults do, and how can we promise to 'Never Forget' something we feel no connection to in the first place? Anyone following this story has dedicated some time to reading something fictional, today please dedicate a small bit of your time to the remembrance of 9/11, an event that killed almost 3,000 people from 78 countries. I've made a list of some of my go-to 9/11 documentaries for anyone interested in taking the time to watch them. They're all very interesting and each tells the story from a different angle.

Boatlift – an untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience
Posted by the Channel: Eyepop Productions
Time: 11:57
Summary: People are trapped on Manhattan Island, the bridges and subways are closed and the towers are falling. Boats, both public, private and resident owned all flee to the scene to evacuate the city. Narrated by Tom Hanks, contains rare footage of the boats rescue efforts.

9/11: Cleared for Chaos
Posted by the Channel: Angry Pigeon Productions
Time: 48:30
Summary: Gander Airport, a tiny airport in Newfoundland is the last checkpoint for planes entering US airspace. On 9/11 they are ordered to land every plane in the air looking to enter the US. As European countries reject any planes asking to come back, 400 aircraft are left with no place to go. Gander workers scramble to fit the planes safely on the ground. With great reenactments and interviews with the Gander employees and the pilots of those planes, this video documentary shows an angle of 9/11 most don't see. What was happening in the air.

September 11th as it happened: The Definitive Live News Montage
Posted by the Channel: Backflash971
Time: 28:21
Summary: A compilation of 6 news stations giving a live play by play retelling of the events. If you were not born yet or too young to remember 9/11 and have always felt disconnected to the event this is the video to watch! Answering the question: what was it like to sit at home and suddenly see this on the news, this compilation captures the true feelings of that day and the realization of 'our world will never be the same'. Using video from news stations, and rare citizen filmed angles of the attack (because this was before cell phones had cameras) including the only known footage of the first plane strike. The reactions are raw and you can feel the thought on everyone's mind "This can't possibly get any worse" but as we know – it did; and you can feel it in the voices on the recordings. It's as close to going back in time and seeing it for yourself as you can get and guarantees that for those almost 3,000 lost we will never forget them.

Peace and comfort to those who lost family, friends and loved ones that day; and for those 2,996 lost souls, rest easy and in peace.

🎉 You've finished reading A Peculiar Time in 1944 - A Millard Fanfic (Miss Peregrine's Home) #wattys2020 🎉