Chapter Four: Who Watches A Rom-Com Alone?

A/N: When I wrote this chapter, I absentmindedly wrote it in the present tense, and now I'm too lazy to change it into past tense (like the format in the previous three chapters). So please, bear with me. The chapters will be in present tense from now on, and I'll change the previous three chapters when I'm editing the book. Anyways, enjoy.

Chapter Four: "Who Watches a Rom-Com Alone?"

WHILE I TALK TO MADDIE, I realise how similar we both are. We have the same taste in music, movies, food, and most importantly, men.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone's ringtone. I sigh, and silence it for the fifth time in a row.

"You know you can take the phone call, right? I won't mind, if that's what's holding you back," Maddie comments.

"No no, it's alright."

The phone rings again.

"Whoa, whoever that is, must really need to talk to you," she remarks.

I steal a quick glance at my phone and sigh, "Yeah, it's just my boyfriend."

"Not to intrude, but you really are ignoring the poor guy."

"We had a little disagreement."

More like he left me at school without a warning, knowing fully well that he was my ride. But I can't tell her that. The disagreement thing is less embarrassing to tell.

However, she is right. I am being unreasonable. So what if he had to cancel? Shit comes up. It's completely normal. That's how life is; unexpected.

Why am I being like this? I subconsciously check the date. Is my period close?

The phone rings once more, and this time I excuse myself and go outside to take the call.

"Hello?"

"Thank goodness, Ellie. I have texted and called you a thousand times. Why are you ignoring me? I told you I was sorry, babe."

"I'm sorry, I was just busy."

"Well, if you're no longer busy, I am standing outside your house. Do you want to go watch a movie?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

I say goodbye to Chloe, Maddie and mom (who is still chatting animatedly with Chloe).

I wonder where Sean is.

We had heard a loud thud from his room a few minutes earlier and Maddie had said something along the lines of "Don't worry, that's just Sean sneaking out."

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and meet Jeremy at his car. He speed-walks towards me, engulfing me in a bear hug. "I missed you."

A giggle escapes me. I take in his familiar scent. My favourite cologne.

"You met me just this morning, silly."

He kisses my cheek, "I miss you all day, everyday."

Awww.

He opens the car door for me and slides in the driver's seat.

I text my mom the details of my whereabouts that I couldn't tell her earlier.

Had to leave with Jeremy. Be back by 11 pm.

I smile. My mom and Chloe really hit it off.

Jeremy slips his hand in mine. "So what kinda movie do you want to watch?"

"I don't know. Horror or romance?" I ask him.

"Let's go for a rom-com then, shall we?"

~*~