28

9:20 am, Rise School for Martial Arts :

John, Steve and Mina were done with their food in the dinning area and were cleaning up.

"I feel like she'll be up today." said Mina.

"I hope you are right. I really don't like seeing her so fragile." said Steve.

"'Fragile' is the last thing she is, love." John corrected his husband. "Say unconscious or wounded."

"Yeah, you are right. Sorry. With everything she went through, she the strongest for sure. But I guess her strength has a limit too..."

"That guy really shot her huh... Like actually shot her. What kind of obsession is that?!" said Mina aggressively.

"To me it looked like desperation. As if he could not tolerate the fact that she moved on from him." said John.

"And to think that Henry was with him... No wonder Jules found him suspicious and his papers were so clean..." added Steve.

"And-" John was about to say something but was interrupted.

"Hey guys. Ready to go?" said Sebastián. It was a routine that after the morning class, Sebastián would join them and they'd visit Jules.

Given the recent events, Sebastián was on a week's leave from his office. After the incident, he was staying at his own home to avoid any problems regarding the story he had to live. He was also asked to go for therapy if need be but after the couple of daily visits, the therapist said that it's fine if he came ones a month because his case was not severe. It seemed he was more worried about Jules than anything else and according to the doctor, her gaining consciousness would be the best thing for him. And that's exactly what everyone was waiting for.

"Hey. Yeah let's go." Mina said. And with that they were on their way to the hospital.

-------------------------------------

It was near 10 when Jules was reading her story, trying to get all the details right. She knew people would come to question her sooner or later and she had to be prepared. She almost throw the file with how startled she was when they opened the door  into her room.

"Oh my God, Jules! You're actually awake!" exclaimed Mina as she ran up to her side. She only stopped because she remembered about her injuried shoulder. Mina lightly hugged her saying how worried she was.

John and Steve came next with a wide smile of relief and arms open to greet. They did the same and wished her well and quick recovery. The three made the room so lively that Jules was completely overwhelmed until Steve spoke.

"We're still fine, Sebast- Sebastián?" He looked in the direction they came in from. "Where did he go?"

A near panic set in Jules to hear his words. "What do you mean?"

"He came with us and was with us just now. Wait. I'll get him." said Steve and went towards the door as John joined him. They didn't have to go far as Steve saw him through the door window. "He's here Jules. Relax. I think seeing you overwhelmed him so he just took a seat outside."

"I'll go talk to him." said John as he went out and Steve came back and sat with Jules.

"He basically stayed here all the visiting hours for the last two days." said Mina. "Of course he wanted you to wake up the most. He went through so much."

"You guys really are weird you know. Neither has to say but you always seem to know if the other is in trouble." said Steve.

"Yup. You're made for each other." added Mina.

"Both of you are nut cases is what you are." Jules said.

"You didn't deny our words though."

"Oh come on." They laughed lightly as they waited for the two friends to join and a little later they came as well. Sebastián looked so mentally exhausted but still overwhelmed to see her. He sat by her uninjured left hand and held on to it silently.

No one pushed for them to speak or said anything about their hands, knowing that they deserved it in silence. They thought that they could talk once the friends left.

Around 11, when Mina, John and Steve decided to leave, leaving the two alone.

There was an awkward silence between them as neither knew what to say. But they still had their hands together, thanking the little movement and AC from keeping their hands to become sweaty. The silence, was too uncomfortable so Jules decided to break it.

"I hear you stayed here all day. Didn't you office work?"

"No. They let me have a week off after they got to know what happened."

"Generous office."

"Well, a 7 days is what it amounts to given the holidays and weekend. And I'm taking the other two work days off. So five days of paid leave plus weekend."

"So technically you got two days off."

"Yes."

"Which you spent here. Waiting for me? Why? I wouldn't have died, you know."

He really didn't need that last part from her. He's eyes started to water at that. "You don't know how scared I was..." He whispered, looking at their intertwined hands and gripping a little tighter.

"I'm sorry, that's not what I meant... I didn't know you'd be this worried."

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked with almost a hurt voice.

"I didn't tell you... You saw me like that... And even in that bar... You must be disappointed." Suddenly, her wounds hurt with the expected disappointment and rejection.

But that never came. Instead, he raised their hands and kissed her. "What you did and didn't tell me was for a reason. You told me you'd explain when you returned and I'm holding you to it. So why would you think I would be disappointed? Rather, I cannot thank you enough. You are the reason I'm even alive. So thank you." He said with a smile.

Jules was reminded of the sunrise again with that smile of his. And this time, the rays were strong enough to warm her for the inside. She was so relieved. A part of her said that he was only being nice because she sved his live but she pushed that away, for now.

Just then her lunch was brought in by a nurse. "Will you be fine eating them?" she asked as she slowly raised the bed enough to eat comfortably.

"Yes. Thank you." said Jules. She actually didn't have much problem eating with left hand, she was ambidextrous. That was why she could use her weapons so well.

After the nurse left she was about to start when Sebastián took the plate and coming to the other side, he raised a spoon to her. "I can eat Sebastián, I can work with both-"

"I know. Still, I'll feed you. Now eat." She complied. The food was simple. A little rice, vegetables and an egg. All simple prepared for a patient. A simply boiled food like that might have been too plain for others but Jules. Not only was she used to simple food because that's what she usually had but also, she was behind fed by Sebastián. It was like the rice had better taste now.