f i f t y t w o

Arriving at the shop Taehee referred to earlier, Saeron turned to look everywhere, attempting to find her mother yet the girl couldn't seem to pinpoint her spot

Walking around the area after a while, Saeron scrolled through her contacts, clicking on Taehee's before giving her a call. Just as she was waiting for the other side to pick up, her name echoed through the almost-empty street.

Saeron abruptly turned around to see her mother- expecting her to limp around while struggling to carey a bunch of groceries, yet what she saw next caused her shoulders to slump down and tilt her hesd in confusion.

Taehee stood with only a small plastic bag in her hand, cheekily smiling as she watched her daughter drag herself closer.

"You.." expecting to see more bags, the girl trailed off as she eyed her mother from top to bottom before looking back up at her, "..only have one bag?"

Snaking her hands to rub her neck, Taehee nervously giggled and nodded, resulting ina groan to emit from the younger's lips.
"I walked for 30 f-," realizing she was talking to her mother, Saeron halted her words before cursing further when Taehee squinted her eyes at the girl.

Saeron sighed, shaking her head and motioning a 'forget it' with her hands as she finally bent herself down while supporting her body with hands on her knees, letting out the harsh exhale she's been holding along the walk.

"Let's just go," Saeron breathily laughed before interlocking her arms with Taehee's, pulling her to walk when a tug caused her body to jerk backwards.
"I'm bored," Taehee's sudden statement caused Saeron's lips to fall agape.

"Uhh- we can cook something to fill in some time-"
"Let's go to the beach!"

Just when she thought she was in pure confusion, now it's worse. It's been so long since the two went to the beach together, which made Saeron eye the woman- all baffled.

"Mom you're being kinda weird right now, you know that?" Saeron giggled despising her tangled mind and Taehee responded with a heaving sigh.

"I just wanted to, it's been a while since we last went there together as a family, right?" the mother figure reasoned, causing Saeron's smile to slowly fade as she recalled the times where her and both of her parents play along the waters, having the time of their lives.

Though it was all in the past, Saeron couldn't help but smile again as she remembered those moments. The girl felt a tug on her sleeve, not noticing how she zoned out until Taehee brought her back to reality.

"Yeah," she nodded with a smile, "Sure."

It was weird how Taehee semeed to pull her towards places, as if she was searching for something, yet the girl stayed silent- thinking that it was just a fun and quick adventure to explore more of the area.

Wrong.

Little did she know, Taehee led them towards a specific spot where they could see a few blinking lights from afar but as they got closer, the small light turned out to be lit candles. It was neatly placed alongside the walking path, leading further towards the beach.