☽chapitre huit☾

e·nough
/iˈnəf/
Learn to pronounce
determiner
as much or as many as required.
"there's too much work and not enough people to do it"

♥︎

     Often things can't be explained how they would want. Louis finds himself pacing outside of the pack doctors office, tears glazing his eyes as his mind is filled with worry. Is he okay? The words ring around like an alarm in his head. Louis kept going over the events in his head and wondered how it all got so fucked up. Ripping him from his thoughts, the doctor exited Harry's room. "Is he okay?" Louis uttered the words aloud as though they weren't the mantra inside his head. The doctors face was a stony slab, untold truths lied inside his eyes. "He's stable, for now" the explanation did little to comfort the distressed alpha. "What the fuck does that even mean? Huh Paul?" the words were spewed with venom and anger that wasn't totally directed at the beta doctor.

♥︎

Louis' eyes never left his omega. Even when Harry started to convulse and the mark on his neck gushed out blood. The alpha inside of him was howling in pain, their shared bond allowing him to feel a small percentage of the omega's pain. "Little dove? My sweet boy, come back to me", Louis was sobbing into Harry's neck as the blood seeped through his wound. The pack alpha called to the whole pack through the mind link, letting out desperate whimpers for someone to find them.

Eventually Zayn found the pair on the floor, pack doctors rushing in after. They whisked Harry from Louis' grasp. All the alpha remembers is the faint heartbeats he heard as his pup and Luna were taken.

♥︎

The alpha snapped out of his memory to listen in on what Paul was saying. "His omega went into a drop, stress induced of course. Furthermore his omega tried to force the bond out of his system, which is never heard of" Paul paused in order to let Louis obtain all of this information fully. "He was successful, the bond won't scar", Louis let out a sigh of relief but Paul's face remained the same. "So what else? This is good right?" Louis asked with a broken smile, he could sense the untold but. "His omega worked too hard, the puppies are fine but they are all weak. We've put him in an induced coma drop" the beta doctor breathed out. Louis heart was heavy in his chest, his puppies were hurt. "C-can I see them? Please paul, I won't— I won't touch or yell. I'll just sit with 'em, please?" The alpha was desperate, heavily so. Paul nodded once and that's all it took for Louis to enter the room.

There on the bed was Harry, his heart was beating. His skin was clammy and pale. He looked dead yet alive. Eyes were hollow but his lips were still a shade of dusty rose. Louis sank to his knees next to the bed, eyes rimmed red. "Hi baby, oh I'm so sorry love. I'm so so sorry sweetheart" Louis grasped Harry's hand into his tears soaking the bedsheets. The alpha was hoping for a light squeeze back— a sign that his omega was still in there. Nothing came, no eyelids fluttering, no sudden heart rate increase, no hand squeeze, no smile on his lips. Louis signed heavily and placed his other hand on Harry's stomach. His pups kicked and squirmed lightly but other than that, nothing. This will have to do, Louis was certain that his was better than nothing. His omega was alive and that was enough.

☀︎︎
End of Chapitre Huit
Word Count: 619 Words
Published: January 3, 2022
Author: AlexisCook820

A/N: hi hi guys!! i have missed u all dearly! i also want to apologize for my absence— i do plan to write more this year but i also plan to focus on myself. i want to give a sincere thank you to all of you who've stayed. this book is planned to have about 12 chapters, since i don't really find an interest to further it anymore. but i do have other works that are equally important to me such as "His Beloved Harry", so if you're wanting to check that out it would be pretty epic. anyways i love u guys bunches and i promise to finish this story out properly!! :) <3