5: Gallivanting with Goblins at Gringotts

The next day, Harry Potter was having something akin to a mental overload. He'd sat and sorted through every single memory of Hogwarts and some things just didn't add up.

Why was it that Hagrid took him shopping in Diagon Alley for the first time instead of McGonagall or one of the other professors like Hermione had said... and for that matter why did Hagrid have his vault key? Never mind that he'd been left along at King's cross station and bumped into a hoard of red heads yelling about 'muggles'... wasn't that a little suspicious?

Why would Dumbledore announce at the sorting feast there was something on the third corridor? Why would he even need to take it out in the first place since the stone didn't actually belong to him? Granted the vault had been broken into a few days later... but why not just keep it in his pocket instead of creating an elaborate obstacle course that three first years surpassed with only a hint of difficulty? Then, adding over a hundred points to Gryffindor as if the man had wanted them to go there instead of a bunch of detentions for breaking school rules...

In second year, Dumbledore had to have known about the chamber since it had opened 50 years ago and Fawkes had known where to find him, so why did he do absolutely nothing about it? Also, why not order a bunch of mandrake restorative draught and have it sitting in the hospital wing for those who were petrified instead of waiting for the ones in the greenhouse to grow, it was almost like Dumbledore wanted the students to be petrified.

Then in third year, Sirius had mentioned that Dumbledore had helped switch the secret keeper last minute, which must've meant that he knew Sirius was innocent, and as most respected wizard in the world how come Dumbledore never got a trial for the man so that Harry's custody could be changed... unless he purposely didn't do so... There was something in him that wanted to vehemently deny those thoughts but he pushed the feeling away as he continued his train of thought.

Fourth year, oh fourth year, that was a nightmare and a half. He was underage, barely knew any spells and was thought to have crossed Dumbledore's age line. How daft were all the people in this world to think he could defeat Dumbledore's magic?

Harry, was now weeding the back garden, mentally cursing the plants for growing back so quickly. He was also mourning over the fact that Dumbledore kept sending him back to this hellhole evidently without blood wards, and suddenly stopped when he noticed a large brown owl sitting on the Dursley's fence carrying a package wrapped in brown paper. Brushing off the dirt on his hands he took the package from the bird, and hid it amongst the gardening tools so his Aunt that came frequently to see if he was still working wouldn't see it. After he finished he snuck it into the house and stored it in his bedroom upstairs, quickly rushing down again to cook dinner for the family of three, only daring to open the parcel once everyone had gone to bed.

It was a book titled, Mind Magiks, the Art of Legilimency and Occlumency, along with a small note reading, were you informed there are wizards standing watch outside your house?

There was no label of a name, but Harry would recognise that handwriting anywhere, and also who else had he talked to about mind magic? Confused over the letter, Harry walked towards his window, peeking through the closed curtain and observed the front yard. Though Harry was unable to see very clearly there was the minute rustling of leaves in the large tree across the road, and was that a flash of pink he could see?

Why would there be people watching his house? So the Dark Lord didn't come waltzing in to Avada Kedavra his arse? At this point Harry thought that was a very unlikely scenario since the pair had held two civil conversations and he had just gotten a gift from Lord Voldemort. If anyone had said that previously to Harry he would've sent them straight to St Mungo's.