12: Albino Peacocks & Flying Snakes

Kinda disappointed there are no photos of Malfoy manor in summer. Imagine though, opening your curtains and just getting absolutely blinded by the summer sun. 

------♔------

Harry coughed and turned around to glare at the offending green flames of the floo that continued to spit him out in a flurry of ash every time he used it. Tom cast a quick cleaning charm on Harry's new Slytherin green robes that he had bought yesterday, while Tom did the same to his black robe with silver accents.

They were standing in a small living room, that Harry guessed was for when people came flying out of the floo. Looking down Harry watched as Nagini pouted on the floor, after she had thrown up the rat she'd just eaten before insisting on coming to visit the blond ferrets, as she's called them.

"Nagini you can always get another rat from Tom and you might get to try some ferret today" Harry smirked at the snake who considered his offer while Tom gave Harry the most unimpressed look he could muster, and though it was supposed to be intimidating, Harry's smirk only grew wider.

The sound of footsteps echoed down the hall and Harry saw Tom whip out his wand and hold it at his side. A man with long blonde hair tied in a loose ponytail came rushing into the room, looked dishevelled with his wand held aloft and pointing it at Harry, Tom and Nagini.

"Crucio," Tom uttered the incantation looking thoroughly pissed off, and Harry had forgotten the intensity of the Dark Lord's ire. Lucius Malfoy screamed and dropped to the ground, shaking with the torture curse and Harry was certain that a muggle ballet would go nicely with such music, as he watched the man with fascination, and Harry's gaze flickered downwards at Nagini who was wrapped around his legs and whining that her stomach was very empty and that the blond ferret looked very tasty.

There was a scuffle outside the doorway, and a woman with long platinum blonde hair halted in the doorway, while simultaneously pushing her son away from looking into the doorway.

Tom cut of the curse at the sight of the woman in the doorway, who bowed and straightened up before stepping in the room, closing the door behind her. She turned around to take a quick glance at the young wizard next to her Lord, while walking over towards her husband who lay quivering on the ground.

"Narcissa Malfoy" the Dark Lord nodded in her direction, "your husband has greatly displeased me." He stated, and Harry tried, he really tried not to laugh at the dramatics of Tom.

"May I inquire as to the reason, my Lord" she asked, smoothing out the creases in her robes from when she ran to the parlour.

"Your husband, Lucius" the Dark Lords words bordered on full parseltongue as his eyes flashed, "decided to dump a very precious artefact of mine, that I had asked him to protect, into a peasant's arms, leaving it to get destroyed in the process of his stupidity."

Narcissa noted the small wince that tugged at the young wizards face before she turned to her husband and helping the man stand up she hissed in his ear, "what were you thinking Lucius?"

"I deeply apologise, my Lord, on behalf of my husband." Narcissa bowed once more, forcing herself not to flinch as the man waved his bone white wand in the air.

"No need to apologise on his behalf, I believe that he will have to make it up to me in a different way. I was rather hoping to speak to Severus today" the Dark Lord twirled his wand in his fingers.

"Of course, my Lord" she bowed once more before gliding out of the room, grasping the top of her sons arm as he lingered a few metres away from the door, and pulled him away, off to order the house elves to prepare proper tea for the Dark Lord.