The Assault Begins

The Gotland slowly slips into the slip as the school and Japanese flag flew high above, the enlarged replica of the Seaplane Cruiser slowly lowering two ramps: one for personnel and one for vehicles. Inside the opening bay where the tanks selected for the first match, Walter paced back and forward before looking at the assemble 'soldiers' as coined by the crew. "Uppmärksamhet! The enemy today is Anzio. Based on past matches, we can determine that they will be using Tankettes. Now, don't get your hopes up. Leo! You will command Bravo Platoon, using both the Jumbo and Firefly. Alpha will have three StuG IIIs."

A second year stood up. "What about you?" Walter nodded before continuing. "We will operate on our own, searching and destroying their flag tank. Now, Alpha will set up an ambush position along the Southern Ridge, with Bravo advancing half a click north to act as bait. Do not fire until Bravo pulls back and is within 500 meters. The Tankettes should be exposed enough for sure shots. The Panzer IV will be known as Omega for this operation. Omega will await the call of Bravo to skirt the flank to the East. Remember, no plan survives contact, but it is also a good basis on how to conduct oneself in battle. No questions? Good! Mount up and roll out!"

Every crew stood and saluted crisply before moving to mount the vehicles mentioned in the briefing. Leo and Walter, on the other hand, entered the Piranha before leaning back. "Time to go meet with these... Italians." Walter mused, with Leo chuckling. "They are not intimidating. They are not a powerhouse, and they are more famed for their food than anything."

Walter hummed as the convoy rolled down the ramp and drove towards the field, already behind on time due to delays at sea due to storms. The roads were still wet from recent rains and more was bound for later in the day. "The weather will be our enemy here." Walter mused. "Heavier vehicles do not do well within the rougher terrain like what we will face today."

Leo laughed before humming. "What are you proposing, using tankettes ourselves? Or the 38s?" Walter scowled slightly. "The plan takes into account what's going to happen with the weather. Now..." The Piranha hit a bump, causing both males to bounce inside before the vehicle came to a gradual stop. "We are here. Courtesy only. No small talk. no doubt the ladies don't want to fight in the rain either." The ramp came down before the two males walked outside, carefully making their way to three ladies lined up.

One was a JGSDF officer, Captain Ami Chono, who was brought in to judge the match, someone who is held in high regard by many in Gustav. The other two, from Anzio, were looking rather agitated thanks to the weather. Green hair? Really? Walter mused before coming to a stop. "I see you finally have arrived, Mister Tojo." Ami commented, giving a soft smile.

Walter gave a slight shrug. "The weather prevented docking. Now, before more weather comes in, why not get to it, Captain." Ami nodded before speaking loudly. "The match between Anzio High School and Gustav Boys Military Academy is hereby underway. All participants, bow!" The boys gave a crisp salute as Anzio's reps bowed as instructed. "You may return to your starting positions. Match will enter combat phase in 15 minutes!" Ami smiled, with Walter nodding curtly before turning around to walk back.

One of the Anzio girls spoke up. "Why won't you address us? That is not polite!" Walter stopped before turning his head. "If you spent as much on tanks as you do on your green hair, then I would hold more respect for your potential roster." "Says the one who prances around in a cape like a king!" The green-haired woman shouted before Walter merely shrugged and entered the Swedish APC.

In the stands, of coarse, both sides' students were in the stands, but the blue overcoats of St Gloriana were off to the side in a VIP area. "Seems like a little rivalry has sprung up between Anchovy and Walter." Assam spoke as she took a sip of her tea. "I still wonder why you take such an interest in Mister Walter. Even MI6 is not exactly thrilled in trying to get intel on a school that may be eliminated before they get through the first bracket, especially a previously-unknown school."