It Started Here

Red Velvet breathed heavily as the glowing arrows sat painfully in his shoulders and back, causing the pink-ish blood to seep and making movement practically impossible to do. He was stuck, all thanks to Pastry, who held her crossbow aimed directly at him as she prepared another couple shots.

"What's with the..hesitation? Reluctant to.. fire again?" Red Velvet teased, staring at her
". . .Hesitation is not what I do. I am merely..deciding." Pastry muttered. She really was hesitant for just a minute...what was stopping her?
"Heh..a gnat like you could decide quicker..."
Their chat was disturbed by barking as a cake hound ran up to Red Velvet, whimpering once it noticed It's owner in this state..
"-Chiffon! My dear Chiffon! Everything's alright... It's all okay.." he tried to reassure the poor hound as it got close to him for an embrace. Afterwards, it turned to Pastry and growled at her protectively.
". . . . . ."
"Go on, shoot!- or..wait.." Red Velvet chuckled weakly, smirking
"You still see a cookie in me...don't you. That's why you are hesitant.."
"That is not the reason behind it, you filthy...filthy thing." Pastry huffed as she raised her crossbow again, another glow emitting from it as it recharged. Though..this glow seemed a bit off-colored..

"That's the..best insult you can make? Would think that a..worm like you would have something be-" before he could finish, a boom-like sound arose and was soon followed by a searing pain in one of his arms.
As he was about to speak again, two more of the same sounds came followed by whimpering of the cake hound, an unbearable pain in his chest and. . . .

. . . . .