more lore for the 13 colonies

idk why I call it "lore" it's actually history but whatever.

this is also me studying for my american history test wish me luck👍

now onto me rambling about things that non-americans would sigh and shake their head about:
so, a little bit of history, but not many Americans were actually on board when it came to the revolution. It's been speculated that only 1 out of 4 Americans living in the colonies actually supported the idea of independence from Britain.
Many were rural farmers, and thus the things happening in the big cities (such as the Boston Massacre) didn't affect them, so they really had no reason to want to be independent.

This brings me to my headcanon that Massachusetts, Virginia, and Pennsylvania were the leaders of the revolution, and the other states weren't totally interested.
Most of the action (fighting, protests, taxes, acts, etc.) happened in Boston, MA and the surrounding areas, so this would make sense. Pennsylvania is self-explanatory, Philadelphia played a key role in the revolution.
I think Virginia would be on board too, just because Washington and Jefferson were from there lol.

The fact that the average American either didn't care about the revolution, or was a loyalist, has led me to the conclusion that America (the ch) didn't form up until the late 1760s.
He actually wasn't even the personification of the collective 13 colonies, as each of them already had their own personification.
America was originally the personification of the Sons of Liberty, but was disguised as the collective representation of all 13 colonies just so England wouldn't be suspicious.

America became the representation of the US when they declared their independence; 1776.

With that being said, all of the 13 colonies are older than America (which I think I stated in my chapter abt Roanoke but)

After the Treaty of Paris in 1783, the United States of America was recognized as its own country, and under the weak Articles of Confederation, had its own government.
It is a little known fact among Americans that we are on our second government, as the first one, the Articles of Confederation, failed.
But during that time period (1781-1787) the states acted almost as their own countries.
Since the central government was so weak and couldn't regulate trade, tax the states, had a hard time passing laws, etc., the states were essentially on their own.

Translating this to ch, have an incorrect quote:

America: Hey, Virginia? Could you maybe please give me some money to fund a military?

Virginia: No.

America: Understandable, have a nice day </3

And then Shays' Rebellion happened:

Wealthy Nobility: I'm going to tax you.

Massachusetts: ok

Wealthy Nobility: —With gold

Massachusetts: AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE

So then the Founding Fathers were like shit bro we gotta fix this. So they took a vote to amend the Articles, and Georgia was stubborn and said no. This was bad, because without a unanimous vote of 13/13 states, they couldn't legally amend the Articles of Confederation.
They couldn't do it, legally.
So everyone (55 delegates from everywhere but Rhode Island fsr) met in secret to write a new government.
aka the Constitutional Convention of 1787✨

In ch, the states also had a meeting (but I decided to include Rhode Island for comedic purposes), and it was a mess.
America himself presided over the convention (like Washington did irl) bc he was supposed to be a representation of all of them, so he couldn't pick one particular side.
(This was one of the first of many examples of America facing political torment throughout his history😃)

So they all start proposing ideas for the government and Virginia whips out her plan.
"The Virginia Plan", very original. It was also called "The Big State Plan" because it favored bigger states with more land area and population when it came to representation in the House.
So naturally, the smaller states were pissed and New Jersey counterattacks Virginia with her plan.
"The New Jersey Plan", also very original. This plan could alternatively be called the small state plan because it favored the small states in terms of representation in the House.

The states argued about this for like,, 6 months, and at one point the smaller states and bigger states started to break apart into their own separate meetings which scares the shit out of America.
Pennsylvania, (despite being on the big state's side), goes to both parties and gets them to reconcile and come back together.
They talk it out and Connecticut's genius comes up with the "Connecticut Compromise". super original.

This compromise is basically our current government. A bicameral Congress with the House of Representatives having representation based off population, and the Senate where every state has equal representation, and 3 branches of government to allow for the separation of powers as well as check and balances.

Then everyone was happy!
The End!

until the fuckinf Canadians had to ruin it...
(jkjk the war of 1812 was kinda our fault :/)

WOW. that was a lot. hopefully it wasn't too boring, but you better have liked it because I plan on making this a series!
I still have loads of topics and headcanon's I want to cover relating to the American revolution and colonial America.
so stay tuned my fellow history nerds!

have a great day/night luvs ^^