01|Freya Stayed on Earth....

╔══════≪≫°✺°≪ ≫══════╗01|Freya Stayed on Earth

01|Freya Stayed on Earth...
╚══════≪≫°✺°≪ ≫══════╝

Up until the second of april 1942, Freya Odinsdottir and James Buchanan Barnes were at the hight of their relationship. They were happy and in love, war was yet to claim their love. The dark forces of rebel groups bloomed into a war that involved Asgard, Freya didn't have the time to say goodbye before she had to join the frontline. She had to protect the innocents. Back on Earth, war engulfed the word, waves left from Nazi Germany and drowned all the countries it could. Bucky Barnes left to fight the world war, he had to help the innocent victims.

Wars lasted years and when Asgard started to slip back into peace, Freya hurried back to Earth. There she spoke to Rebecca Barnes, who had no idea when or if Bucky would return home. She left for Asgard again, assuming Bucky would either die in his war or of old age. She picked up her princess duties and continued her life in court. After betrayal and death, Freya returned to Earth to help her brothers. Then she became a hero, joined the Avengers, connected with her dragon, found Bucky, became a mother and the queen of Asgard. But in another universe....

ஓ๑ ✪ ๑ஓ

"The truth is...." Rebecca trailed off, she wrung her thin wrists. "I don't know when or if he will return. This war has claimed so many men and women," Her voice cracked. Rebecca had lost one of her brothers and her father to the front lines. Her mother crossed the ocean and went to Europe to help troops as a nurse, Rebecca's mother had returned without legs. "I haven't heard anything from Bucky."

The turmoil in Freya's mind was clearly visible on her features. She had only returned to Earth in hopes of finding Bucky and explaining to him where she came from. The people of Asgard needed their princess to act like a diplomat and help settle the peace. She did not have time to stay on Earth.

Thor couldn't take over her duties for her, he had always been the warrior while Freya and Loki had been the true born diplomats who preferred words over weapons. Thor couldn't, but maybe Loki could.

"Would you like to stay with us?" Rebecca asked softly, she tucked her brown knotted hair behind her ears. Freya smiled. "Yes, I would like that very much."

That one choice created a whole new universe.

The war raged on, claiming lives where it could. It reached out to the Barnes again, and took hold of Thomas Barnes. Thomas was the second oldest Barnes son and he was laid to rest in unknown French hills.

With the departure of Thomas, that left two Barnes men. Bucky and Billy, both of whom were fighting in the war. Even Steve was there. But the chances of any of them being together were small.