03|Freya Never Went to Earth...

╔══════≪≫°✺°≪ ≫══════╗03|Freya Never Went to Earth

03|Freya Never Went to Earth...
╚══════≪≫°✺°≪ ≫══════╝

The rays of the setting sun on the horizon danced over the Asgardian capital and the tall castle. Freya stood on the balcony of her room, eyes trained on the horizon.

The door that led to the balcony opened and two arms wrapped around the princess' waist from behind. "Good morning my lady," Fandral whispered into his wife's ear.

"Good morning," Freya replied, a smile gracing her face.

The Avenger Freya of another universe is very different of the Freya we know in this universe. Here there was a war in which Freya and her brothers fought, but on the battlefield a tragedy struck the house of Odin.

A scream left Thor's lips as he ran to a familiar body that laid amidst the thousands of dead. It had been a terrible battle, all armies had suffered grave losses and Asgard and her allies had barley won. The young prince fell to his knees and cradled the particular body in his arms, trying to console the dying man.

The sister of the two princes landed near them and turned to her younger brother. Loki however didn't care for his siblings' words and only smiled. The pain he experienced had long faded and now he could see Valhalla clearly. Soon enough he'd rest there awaiting his friends and family in the Hall of the Gods.

The death of Loki changed Asgard and its royals. Freya was consumed by grief, she no longer left her room or ate. Skadi, Frigga, Thor, Sif, Hogun, Nanna, Volstagg nor any of her other friends could help her. It was around this time that Fandral had been away from the capital to attend his father's funeral. When he returned to the capital, Freya was still locking herself away.

The eyes of the servants bore into the back of Fandral's head as he walked through the castle. The heels of his boots made his steps seem deafening in the silent corridors. His confident demeanour had vanished under the watching eyes of the shadows. After seemingly hours, he arrived in front of the door that led to Freya's bedroom.

Two sharp knocks and there was no answer.

Three sharp knocks and still no answer.

A soft call of her name and there was still no answer.

Fandral sighed and rested his head against the metal door. "Rey, please let me in," He whispered. "Please."

"Go away Fandral."

"Rey, please let me in," Fandral croaked again. "Please, Rey..." He licked his lips, eyes closed as he still leaned against the door. "Please."