Chapter 6: You were supposed to be my study partner...

Natalia was exhausted as the day passed, yet there was no end in sight. She enjoyed a couple classes, though after that it was straight to work. She had been working for two weeks now with barely any breaks. She hadn't really talked to anyone other than Mae for more than 5 minutes recently.

She rested her head on her hand as she waited for class to end. Once it did she sighed and grabbed her things and walked onto the next thing she needed to do, which was study for a major test coming up that she had put off.

"Hey, we're you going? Do you mind if me and Eren walk with you? Erens trying to avoid someone. Haha..." Armin popped up. Natalia was caught by surprise, she had no idea they were even around her.

"Oh! Yeah sure." Natalia smiled and continued walking.

"Sorry, and hello by the way." Armin sighed at his impoliteness. "How are you?"

"No no! Don't apologize. And I'm doing alright thanks." She nodded sincerely.

"Okay good. I didn't mean to intrude."

"Nope Not at all!"

"We're are you going?" He asked.

"Oh right sorry haha.. I have a test coming up so i'm going to study in the library for a bit."

"Oh perfect! I've been meaning to go there and i've also been trying to drag Eren with me since he...desperately needs it."

"Okay great!" Natalia smiled as they walked through the halls.

It was a rainy day which she enjoyed. They all ran through the rain to get to the library. She enjoyed the rain and it was comforting, especially as they studied. They all picked a mostly empty table together to sit at.

Eren looked annoyed as he obviously didn't want to be there. "I would have rather talked to that smug mullet bastard than been here."

"Eren, come on. You haven't studied recently and you need it. Look i'll help you okay?"

"Sure, whatever."

"So what test are you studying for?" Armin asked pulling a book out of his backpack.

"English."

"I figured, haha me too." He laughed and pointed at his book.

"Oh that's the one you let me barrow." Nat nodded towards the one Armin handed to Eren.

"You let her barrow my book?" Eren said with his mouth gapped as he was still annoyed. Nat loosened her poster in immediate regret. She didn't mean for Eren to get more upset. Especially as she already felt he didn't like her.

"Yeah, sorry but she had spilled water on hers and well.. you weren't using it. So it's not that big of a deal." Eren didn't respond with more than an annoyed blink and a shrug.

***

Mae had finished studying, homework, she had played a few games, cleaned the entire dorm too to bottom, and now was bored wondering around the dorm and staring at the ceiling. It was raining so she couldn't do much outside. She could go somewhere but Natalia was busy and she didn't think going anywhere alone would be too enjoyable.
Her phone buzzed, she tiredly picked it up to see the expected notifications from the group chat.