Chapter 7: Stop staring, you're freaking her out

1 - Nat 2 - Mae

1 - Nat
2 - Mae

__

Natalia walked to her next and last class of the day, the sunlight peaked through the clouds as the rain cleared. Her gaze was on the ground kicking the same pebble as she walked as her thoughts carried her along into make believe scenarios about the day to come later on.

As she walked across campus she caught Armins gaze on the bench he sat on waiting for Eren. The bench was covered in rain water but his feet hurt from business of the day. So his jacket and pants were now partially soaked. He smiled at the girl occupied by kicking a small pebble across the ground until it disappeared into the grass. Feeling his gaze she turned around and met his eyes. Feeling embarrassed from being caught he just waved and she politely smiled and waved back. Now feeling obligated, he walked up to her.

"Hey, Natalia." He said awkwardly scratching his neck.

"Hey Armin." She grinned.

"You seem in a good mood." Armin dropped his hand from his neck fully intrigued by the change in her attitude.

"Hm? Oh I don't know, I like rain so I guess i enjoyed the day. Nothing particularly upsetting has happened, and I don't have work today. So I don't know I guess you're right. I feel good." She shrugged with a sigh of relief, she thought to herself maybe she hasn't felt this decent in a while.

"I'm glad!" Armin cheered.

"How are you feeling?" Natalia asked looking over at him.

"I'm doing okay, just a long day is all." He quietly sighed with a pretend smile. Natalia pushed away her frown in reaction to his fake smile and decided she would pretend not to notice so as to not embarrass him if he didn't want to elaborate.

"Oh believe me, I get it. Are you still going tonight? I totally get if you're not since you seem so exhausted." She nodded ready for him to cancel.

"Huh? No of corse not. I'm still going. I told you I would, and Eren, so i'll keep my word."

"Oh please don't feel obligated for me!"

"No no, Eren didn't want to go by himself, he practically begged me to go."