3

I think for a moment before deciding its best to just go through with the meeting. Is it under awful circumstances? Yes. But isn't this also what I've always wanted? Yes.

@Its.y/n.or.whatever: I'm okay for now. That was my father, John. That's just his nightly routine, I'm sorry you had to witness that. It's really fine, I'm used to it. I don't suppose there's a way I can weasel my way out of seeing you so I guess I will look forward to seeing you next week.

Instantly the message is marked as read and those three pestering dots emerge, meaning Sarah is already responding.

@mssarahcatharinepaulson: What do you mean his nightly routine? This has happened more than once? Does anyone else know about this? Why does he do this to you? And you're correct in assuming that, I need to know that you're safe. Which clearly I know now you are not. When I arrive next week we need to develop a safety plan.

Oh great, she's done something drastic. I thought me agreeing to meet with her would calm her down for a while but we're already heading off the deep end. A safety plan? This isn't a tornado or a fire drill? I've run away many times but I always get brought back. My father used to play football with the chief of police. It's always my word against his and nobody takes my word seriously. No matter how many bruises or scars I show them, they just say I got them while I was on the run. I just learned to stop trying to escape this. Everytime I was brought back home, I wasn't able to walk the next day. John made it clear I was his and only his and there was nothing anyone could ever do about it. You'd think me being the source of all his problems, he'd want me to run but that's just not the case. He likes to see me in pain, see me cry. I pull myself out of my thoughts and muster together a sufficient message.

@Its.y/n.or.whatever: it's just what happens ever since I was around. It wasn't my father choice in keeping me but my mother was adamant that she was having me. My father makes my life a living hell now that mom is gone. She passed away 5 years ago. I've tried to run away but he always finds me. I think people suspect it but wouldn't ever try to cross my father. And what do you mean by a safety plan? The harder I make it for my father, the harder he makes it for me, that just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've just learned to take it. 

I didn't intend on sharing all those details but I hope in doing so she will understand this is just how my life is, nothing can ever change that.

@mssarahcatharinepaulson: Honey I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. There has to be some way we can get you out of this. I'm not giving up on you. I can't leave you behind now that I know.. Hey, it's late and even later for you. Let's get some rest, and talk more tomorrow.

I sigh I'm relief knowing I don't have to respond, because honestly I don't know what to say either. I slowly get up from under my covers and pitifully make my way to the bathroom. My ribs and lungs screaming at every breath I take in. Once in the bathroom, I take a hard look at myself. My body is littered with bruises. I apply some bruise cream to try and cover them up, but I know these are too dark to be covered. Tomorrow is Sunday so I don't have to worry about hiding them for school.  I decide to wash my face and call it a night, changing into my  oversized tee and underwear.

A/N: where would you like to see this go? What's something you want Sarah or Y/N to do? I know this chapter is short. I'm sorry, just having a hard time gauging where this should go.