9

A/N: Thank you all for the support and love on the last update. I really appreciate each and every one of you. 

Saturday 6/24/2021
Sarah opens her intoxicating chocolate pools of eyes and smiles at me. "Good morning darling, how long have you been awake?" Sarah questions. I shrug, "a while, but it's alright, I enjoyed the time to think". I look down hoping not to upset Sarah by not wanting to talk about my feelings. She can't really blame me though, I don't know her. I know the Sarah that's made public but I don't know the Sarah that wears sweatpants and drinks martinis. She flashes her award-winning smile and nods, not pushing me to explain what I was thinking about. Although I can tell she wants to ask, I appreciate her restraining herself. 

After getting up and reluctantly taking a shower, drying my hair, and getting dressed. My bruises on full display in the mirror, I hate the way my skin keeps score. I sit down on the couch in the hotel room, watching as Sarah replies to emails on her phone. I didn't have much options for outfits as I only have what's on my back. Sarah offered some of her clothes to me but I couldn't accept, because one she's Sarah Paulson, and two, I'm far too short for anything to fit right. I'm oddly excited to go clothes shopping, Sarah has great style and I can't wait to ask her opinion on everything. I've always secretly wondered what it would be like to go shopping in the high-class stores, but I won't allow Sarah to take me there. She's already done far too much for me and I feel as though I've already overstayed my welcome. As my thoughts race, a knock on the hotel room door draws me back into reality. Sarah's already up and answering the door, revealing a giddy Amanda Peet. I thought she lived in LA, what's she doing in New York?

I suck in a sharp breath and feel my body tense up. I wasn't prepared for a visitor. I don't look good enough to be in their presence. I'll be an outcast with Sarah alone, but now with Amanda joining the equation, I might as well have "pity project" written across my forehead. I must've had panic written across my face because before I know it, Sarah is kneeling in front of me on the couch and slowly, gently outstretching her hands to timidly grab my cheeks to try and ground me. 

Sarah voice attempts to reach me, "Y/N, darling, can you hear me?" My eyes search her face for any reason not to trust, upon not finding one, I slightly nod. If Sarah wasn't watching me so closely, she might have even missed it. Relief washes over Sarah's previously stress riddled features. I let my eyes wander to Amanda nervously sitting on the edge of the bed across the room, giving me space and time. Maybe this won't be so bad. Sarah refocuses me, "Y/N, I thought I had time to explain our plans to you, but my friend Amanda was a little early". Sarah rolls her eyes while laughing at Amanda. In return Amanda flips the bird, how fitting. I giggle shyly to myself watching them behave so normally. Sarah continues, "This is my friend Amanda, I've known her since I was 20 years old. She flew to New York for a show she's producing. She's a very nice person, Is it okay with you if she comes shopping with us? She has a daughter your age and I thought she might provide some good insight" I can tell Sarah and Amanda are nervous about my response, but the only thing on my mind is how utterly thoughtful it was of Sarah to think ahead. I nod quickly and timidly let my voice be heard, "Yes, its okay, thank you". I shyly wave at Amanda, which she returns with a big toothy grin. 

Authors Note: Posting this now, will add to it later tonight