Chapter Two!

It was a silent car ride to Tim Horton’s that day.

“I was thinking…” I said.

“About?”

“Well, maybe we shouldn’t spend so much time together.” I said.

“Are you breaking up with me?” He asked.

“No, oh my god, no!” I said.

“Then what do you mean?” He asked, pulling into the Tim Horton’s parking lot.

“Elizabeth needs me and I haven’t been there for her.” I said.

“And what does that have to do with us?” He asked, unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car.

I unbuckled my seat belt and watched as he walked over to my side and opened the car door for me.

I smiled at him as I climbed out of his car, shutting the door as he walked towards the entrance.

“Well, I havent been spending a lot of time with her because I’m always with you. So maybe we could cut down just a tiny bit?” I asked, hoping he wouldn’t get mad.

He held the door for me as I walked into Tim Horton’s.

“Look, I’m not okay with a schedule for seeing my girlfriend if that’s what you’re trying to get at.” He said, leading me to a table to sit at.

“That’s not what I’m trying to say, Austin. Elizabeth really needs me at this point in her life and she’s my best friend. I can’t ditch her for you anymore.” I said.

“You were never ditching her, Vanessa! You chose to hang with me. You chose to enter this relationship, so don’t make this difficult for us.” He said, walking away from me to go order.

I sat down at a table, and put my elbow on the table, resting my chin on my hand.

He came back 5 minutes later with a French Vanilla supreme for me, and a coffee for himself.

He set my French Vanilla in front of me as he sat down across from me, sipping his coffee.

“I’m not trying to make us difficult. I just don’t want to lose her.” I said.

“But, you wanna lose me?” He asked.

“NO! Austin, she tried to kill herself.” I said.

“See, I didn’t know that.” He said, sitting back in his chair, feeling a little bad now.

“Why can’t we all hang out?” He asked.

“We can. But, I should be able to have some alone time with her just like I can have some alone time with you too, right? It’s only fair.” I said.

“But, I like where we’re at right now.” He said.

“Believe me, I do too. You’re really fun to be around, and I love you. But, I love her too.” I said.

“I suppose I understand. But, you’re all mine on Sunday’s.” He said, smirking at me.

Sunday’s were movie days for Austin and I. He usually comes over every single Sunday and we just watch cute romantic movies all day.

“Of course!” I said, smiling at him.

“So what now? Do I still get to see you everyday?” He asked.

“Obviously! You drive me to school and home silly!” I said.

“No, I mean, at lunch time and after school. Stuff like that.” He explained.