chapter 11!

"Are you excited?" Lauren asked, putting her rain jacket on.

"I think I'm more nervous than anything." I said, putting some rain boots on.

"Why would you be nervous? You're seeing your best friend for the first time in years tomorrow!" She squealed.

I laughed, putting my money in my pocket so it wouldn't get wet from the pouring rain.

"That's why I'm nervous, Lauren! I haven't seen him in forever. What if he thinks I changed too much?" I asked, frowning.

"You guys have been flirting for months over skype, he's not going to think you've changed." She said, opening the front door.

"We haven't been flirting, we've been talking." I said, correcting her, as I walked out the front door as well.

"Are you coming Zack?" Lauren yelled inside my house.

"Yes, just calling Elizabeth to let her know where to meet us." He said, putting on his rain clothes.

It's the middle of April, so it's been super rainy here.

"I still think you should tell him how you feel." Lauren said as we walked down my driveway in the pouring rain.

I shook my head.

"It would never work. He loves Gigi." I said, motioning Zack to hurry up.

"Vanessa! They've been broken up since February, I think he's moving on now." She said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"He's always busy and touring. He wouldn't have time for me." I said.

"I know he would make time for you just like he's made time for all of his other girlfriends." She said.

"Lauren, do you even know why Gigi broke up with him?" I asked.

"Maybe." She said, looking away from me.

"Zack! Hurry the hell up, we're getting soaked." I yelled to Zack.

"I'm coming! I can't find my house key!" He yelled back.

"I have it, you idiot!" I yelled, laughing.

He slammed the front door shut and ran to catch up with us.

"That was rude." He said, punching my shoulder lightly.

I giggled, punching him back.

"Is it because she cheated?" Lauren asked.

"No! It's because they didn't have any time for each other." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Should I run up and grab Mark?" Zack asked.

I shook my head, not wanting to see him today.

Mark and I have been really tense lately. Ever since I told him I just wanted to be friends, he's been a real jerk to me lately so I've been avoiding him a lot.

Zack rolled his eyes.

"You know, you're going to have to talk to him soon enough. He really likes you." Zack said.

"Look, I consider him a friend. A guy I can go to when I need someone to talk to. He's the boy I consider my cuddle buddy, yes, but that doesn't mean I like him like that. He's been really mean to me lately so no thanks." I said.

"Even when I was with you guys a week ago, I noticed he treated you like shit." Lauren said.

"Yeah, I know. I don't know what his problem is with me but if he really likes me maybe he shouldn't treat me the way he does." I said.