Chapter 38

Another Realm...

It was the next day and Dr Jekyll woke up in a straight jacket in the lab. He exhaled deeply then saw that Mr Hyde had left him a note that read.

'You almost got free. Sorry, it didn't work out.'

Dr Jekyll saw Poole asleep in a chair and then spotted a shaving knife on the table a few steps away from Poole. Dr Jekyll walked over to it, "That's the thing about you Hyde. You're not half as clever as you think," Dr Jekyll said.

With the heroes, Killian was trying to pick the lock of the cage with his hook and failing, "Did you get into your own rum? You believe that's going to work when my magic can't?" Zelena questioned him.

"Well, I suppose I could just do nothing, but then again, that's your job!" Killian said angrily.

Zelena walked up to Killian, "If you really want to get out of here, I can arrange a trip for you to the Underworld!" Zelena threatened.

Will stepped in Zelena's way, "That's enough. Now, we need to be patient. The groundsman promised to fix the wand and bring it back to us," Will said.

Dr Jekyll walked into the room, "Unfortunately, I was only able to keep half my promise," Dr Jekyll said.

"What do you mean? Where's the wand?" Rose Red asked.

"I repaired it, but then the warden took it from me. I didn't come empty-handed, though. Seems the Orderly, he enjoyed a little bit too much whiskey today," Dr Jekyll said as he held up the key to the cage.

"We need to get the wand back from that warden. Do you know where he is?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Eh, no, uh, but first things first, before we find him, we must have a way to defeat him. He's quite powerful. Now, I might have a way but it is dangerous," Dr Jekyll said as he unlocked the cell down and opened it.

"Hasn't stopped us before," Giselle said as everyone stepped out of the cage.

"I just went to hell and back and I've been the stuff of nightmares. I'm not afraid of your warden," Rose Red said.

"Then follow me," Dr Jekyll said and he led everyone out of the house which was Mr Hyde's house and took them to the streets.

They saw that the town that they were in was stranger, "Bloody hell," Killian said.

"Where are we?" Will asked as they looked around and everyone in the street looked like they were from different realms.

"It's like all the realms all at once," Giselle said.

"You're closer than you think. This land is a refuge with outcasts from all over. Each forced to flee from their problems, each finding safe have here," Dr Jekyll said.

"Forced to flee from what?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Well, the reasons are as varied as the populace and everyone has their own tale. That's why this place has come to be known as The Land of Untold Stories," Dr Jekyll told them.

"It's a tad bit ironic of a name, no, given that this land is seemingly filled with stories," Killian said.

"Perhaps, but there's only one story we need to worry about right now. That's our own," Dr Jekyll said.