𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

a woman twirled her way around her hairdressers, carrying conversations and including waiting customers in them.

she stood behind someone directly, her comb going directly through the strands of hair with no sign of struggle, her scissors slowly cutting away at the length.

"what about you, jasmine? you got any siblings, any funny stories?" her customer asked, a light laugh following after her questions.

jasmine smiled before sighing, allowing the hair to fall from the grasp of her fingers.

"eh, i have some siblings." jasmine slowly confessed, biting her tongue from revealing that she technically had seven siblings but only ever two actually felt like family.

"well, how many?" the woman continued to ask, a friendly tone still accompanying her questions. the waiting customers now slightly leaned into hear.

"well," jasmine sighed, she really didn't want to have this conversation, let alone with people that were practically strangers no matter how many times they trusted her with their hair, "more than three."

her scissors cut more of the length off, and it added onto the pile of cut hair on the floor. whilst her customer thought of more things to say or ask to know more.

"well, where are they now? you seem them often?"

"well," jasmine stopped then, she knew where four of them were, and could make an accurate guess for another, "two are dead, well one of those two are missing but presumed dead, and then the others, as far as i know are still alive and kicking, and the last time i saw them, on average, was around six years ago for a wedding."

jasmine spoke quickly talking about her brothers' death, but then went slower covering the rest, still not believing that she was married.

"six years?" her customer spoke in disbelief.

jasmine let out a laugh.

"yep, six years, only see eachother at weddings and funerals." jasmine stated, her scissors thinning out the woman's hair.

"wow, i couldn't imagine that, i'd go insane without my siblings."

"my siblings aren't exactly ideal." jasmine stated, now wiping left over strands or clumps of hair off the woman.

suddenly the tv was the only thing heard in the room, it cut through the silence in the room, like a warm knife through butter.

"eccentric billionaire, sir reginald hargreeves is dead at the age of 63." a reporter announced, a photo of gray haired man, with a monocle and a cold dead expression on his face could be seen next to the reporter.

jasmine's face fell, a family reunion wasn't exactly what she had expected nor wanted. she hoped she would have atleast four years before she had to see them again.

"just another dead, right jasmine?" her customer asked, jasmine's eyes still remained on the tv, glaring at her father's photo.

"he was the founder of that umbrella thing, wasn't he?" a new voice spoke from the corner of the room.

jasmine nodded, before correcting him, "umbrella academy."