Chapter 2 (edited)

The next morning we all met up at Vincent's to get a new baseball and head to the sandlot again

The next morning we all met up at Vincent's to get a new baseball and head to the sandlot again. The boys all had grabbed some boxes and trash cans to sit on while I was sitting on the ground in front of Yeah-Yeah. My clothes would get dirty anyway and it's not like a trash can is more comfortable than the floor.

Ham, Squints and Yeah-Yeah were fighting about which baseball player they would be if they were the pros when Benny came walking towards us with Scott.

Ham hadn't noticed them yet. He was turned towards us, "Listen. Ready?"

"Check this out." he put some paper in his mouth that was supposed to resemble a cigarette.

I gave a confused look at his muffled talking, "I'm the Great Bambino."

The boys and I looked at each other, "What?"

"I'm the Great Bambino." Ham repeated.

We still didn't understand him with the paper roll in his mouth, "What?"

He huffed and took the paper out of his mouth, "I'm the Great Bambino!" he said.

"Oh!" we all replied finally understanding him.

Then we were interrupted by a new voice which had to be Scott's since I had only heard it once before. 

"Who's that?" Scott asked.

We all truned towards him with shock written across our faces. 

I glanced at Benny who looked away slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed.

"What?" Ham asked.

He stepped back to stand next to Kenny, "What did he say?" he asked kind of fearful.

"He said he doesn't know who the breat Bambino is." I smiled at Ham and acted like a teacher.

Ham pushed me before putting his hands on his ears, "Shut up!"

Yeah-Yeah pushed him back, causing me to smile and stick my tongue out at Ham.

Bertram jumped into the conversation before Ham and I could start a fight, "What, were you born in a barn, man?" He made us focus back on the important topic.

"Yeah, yeah, what planet are you from?" Yeah-Yeah asked Scott annoyedly. I still got this feeling that Yeah-Yeah couldn't stand him, he had never acted that hostile towards anyone.

"You never heard of the Sultan of Swat?" Squints asked curiously. He just wanted to know if Scott was joking.

Kenny added, "The Titan of Terror?" trying to enlighten him in case he was blanking.

"The Colossus of Clout?" Timmy asked.

Of course, Tommy repeated it, "The Colossus of Clout!"

"The King of Crash, man." Benny nudged him. He gave him a look and I could tell he was praying for Scott to not ruin his chance.