Chapter 4 (edited)

I arrived back home around half an hour later

I arrived back home around half an hour later. Bursting through the door I yelled, "Hey, mom?"

When nobody responded I called again, "Mom?"

I scanned the room, seeing my sister play with her dolls, "Hey, Eli. You seen mom?"

"She's in the yard with Mikey." she infromed me.

"Alright, thanks." I messed up her hair before heading towards the backyard.

"Hey!" I heard Elisa complain, before I went outside.

"Hey, mom." I sat down on a blanket, where my four-year-old brother had his toys laying around.

I acknowledged him by also messing up his hair, "Mikey."

Unlike Elisa he just grinned at me and continued playing.

"You're back early. It's not even dinner time yet." my mom said, knowing something was up.

I gave her the sweetest smile I could manage, "We wanted to camp out tonight in Timmy and Tommy's treehouse. Can I go?"

My mother looked me over suspiciously. She was trying to figure out if I was hiding any details from her. "Alan and Michael will be there?" she asked.

"Yeah. And Benny, too, so I'll be fine." I explained to her.

She gave me another look, "No running around outside at night?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"No eating sweets until you get sick?" she continued.

"I won't. I promise." I replied.

"And no kissing." she finished.

I gave her a look, "Mom!" Feeling my cheeks heat up I couldn't help but to think about a certain boy.

"No kissing." Mikey repeated, giggling.

"Hey, quiet, little man. I know where you live." I jokingly threatened.

He started laughing even more.

"Okay, sure. You can go." my mom smiled at me and I hugged her.

"Thanks, mom." I ran back inside, "See you tomorrow!"

I quickly went upstairs and packed my things before heading out of my house. Squints and Yeah-Yeah were already waiting in front of it. We collected Kenny and Ham on the way, since all five of our houses were very close to each other. 

Then we went to the sandlot. Timmy and Tommy lived right next to it.

We had been there for an hour when Scott climbed up the ladder, "Hey, guys, sorry I'm late."

"My mom made me put on my jacket," he started explaining why he was so late, "And then she made me do the dishes."

"Shut up!" someone called from the back of the treehouse. I looked back to see Timmy and Tommy fighting about something.