-Oblivious-

He was oblivious to you

He was oblivious to you. The hundreds of times hinting at him, he never got it. Everyone else did, all the people other than Captain understood that you were in love with the man. You'd slowly fallen for him after you'd seen his bravery shine through when helping Alison with the ceiling falling down. He told her exactly what to do and helped her remain calm.

The Captain always believed you hated him for no reason, your comments always came across as sarcasm to him when in reality they were all true. He usually kept away from you, he didn't want to cause any trouble amongst the group, he hadn't a clue what he did wrong but he was willing to keep his distance if needed for the happiness of others.

You enjoyed the Captains presence, it seemed quieter when he was there, he brought everyone down to control both calmly and aggressively. No one else admitted it but he was deviously good at making a room shut up, he was also good at causing arguments to begin with.

"Morning, Captain." You smiled as he walked down the great, aged stairs. You'd woken early that morning, you were motivated to do anything! You'd done a full lap walking around the house and grounds before anyone else woke up. He nodded a hello to you, passing you without a word spoken.

It was the two of you now and you had nothing to do. You followed Captain as he entered the Common room, speeding up to stand at his side. He looked over the room, making sure everything was in its correct place, like anything would've moved in the night. He jumped slightly as he turned to see you at his side.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as if you were a child doing something wrong, or a dog on the couch when your dad was home.

"Standing. Why do you ask?" You snapped quickly, looking at him in the eyes.

"What do you want from me?" He asked, standing taller and more serious than he usually was. You were confused, you didn't want anything, there was nothing you could've gotten from him.

"Nothing. I was hoping to just talk to you, if I bother you, I'll leave." You replied kindly, sending a nervous smile his way to reassure you intentions were positive.

"No. I'll go considering I seem to bother you constantly." He snarled, turning to walk away. You made a confused grunt, bewildered by the words coming out of the mans mouth.

"What?"

"All those snarky, sarcastic comments, constantly looking at me, laughing at what I say. You clearly despise me, I have no idea what I've done but if I bother you that much, I will leave." He elaborated, you tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen.

"No-"

"I hope one day we can get along as civil people, but before that I want to ask; Why do you hate me?" He asked, causing you to stop in your tracks and think for the best words in the situation.

"I don't hate you!" Your voice raised louder as your thoughts were filled with confusion.

"You clearly do! Those sarcastic comments, the laughing, the staring. You hate me." He told you, as if he wanted it to be true.

"Not at all! I'm quite in love with you, really!" You shouted. His expression changed from anger to...you don't even know what. It was just blank, but he was thinking. "I'm in love with you." You told him in a whisper, your voice calm and collected.

"But..."

"They weren't sarcastic. Every time I called you handsome and said that you were so brave, and kind and thoughtful, they were genuine. And the staring and laughing, I can't keep my eyes off of you, you make me smile just by walking in a room." You explained, thinking that your hints were obvious but clearly they weren't. He couldn't say a word, his thoughts were gone, he was at a loss for words.

"...I'm that oblivious?" He questioned, sounding upset and confused. You laughed and nodded.

"Yes. You really are that oblivious."