-Teddy-

"Captain

"Captain." You saluted, entering his office.

"At ease, L/N." He told you calmly, you put your arm down and recited the words in your head that you'd been training to say all day.

"I'm...unfortunately being withdrawn to the front lines...sir." You broke the news, he looked to you disappointingly. You'd known each other since you were children, and there was now a chance you'd never see him again.

"Is there anything to keep you here? To finish the operation?" He was desperate, he was willing to do anything to keep you right where you were.

"Unfortunately not, Sir. I'm leaving at 1900 hours tomorrow."

"That's so soon..." He mumbled to himself, biting his lips and hoping you'd live to see the aftermath of the war.

"I'm sorry, Teddy." You whispered, holding his shoulder. You looked at him with tears in your eyes. You'd always called him Teddy, it was his nickname as a child and it just stuck. "There's nothing I can do, there's nothing we can do."

"Damn it!" He shouted, looking up in anger. You held and caressed his cheek, smiling at him.

"I'll be careful." You reassured him as tears began to spill from his eyes, down his cheeks and onto his hands. You wrapped your arms around him as he sobbed into your chest.

"Please, please, stay alive." He'd never cried like this before, it really showed how much he really cared for you. He was desperate for you to live on with him forever but the war had ruined that life he dreamed with you.

"I will. I'll see you again, Teddy."