One: The Start Of Something New

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Jodie Hossler

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Cooper- They went out?!

Cooper burst through my bedroom door, this has become a common occurrence in any of the tiktok house's I've lived. Either lock your door or be prepared for an unexpected guest, sometimes with a camera.

Jodie- yup. Ellen released tonight, they want to celebrate obviously.

Cooper- okay but why would they do that where the paparazzi can see them?

Jodie- who cares anymore, Mads already went on call her daddy and told the entire world that Jaden likes Nessa, even though he told her that in confidence.

Unable to hold it back, I rolled my eyes. Mads used to be someone I was close with during the first go around of Jads. But I do NOT give extra chances when it comes to Jaden's heart. Jaden tells me everything, including all of the details of that relationship to. Both Jaden and Mads were  both shitty to each other, they just felt trapped in the relationship because of quarantine, there was no where to meet new people.

I'll never hold genuine hate for Mads, I know that Mads is a sweet girl. But Jaden will always be my top priority. Mads knows that too, we have a mutual understanding after all of the ups and downs of Jads, there's respect for each other but we definitely aren't friends.

Cooper- Mads is just hurting

Jodie- I know, I just wish she'd do it offline.

I sighed and leaned up against my headboard, pulling up tiktokroom to see how bad things are getting.

Cooper- ya know jo... jadens grown. You dont need to protect him so much, he can fight his own battles.

Jodie- i know but-

Cooper- I know you dont want him to have to feel pain, but its part of life.

Jodie- what if it gets to be too much again?

Cooper- you have to trust that he'd come to you if it started to get to that point.

Jodie- and if he doesn't?

Cooper- then thats out of your control... I know its not the answer you want but... he's 20, just like you. You can't protect him forever.

Jodie- I saved his life once, I'm not taking the chance of anything happening again. I will never let anything happen to him.

Cooper- Jodie...

Jodie- whatever, dont you have a girlfriend to get back to? You said you were going to Sab's place.

Maybe I sound like a bitch, but Cooper knows me well enough to know I tend to abruptly deflect the conversation if I can't handle where it's going.

Cooper- we are hanging out here now actually, we'll be in my room.

Jodie- oh great, let me get my noise canceling headphones

Cooper flipped me off as he walked out. My mind immediately wandered back to the types of things I know are about to happen.

I warned Jaden when he first told me about his feelings for Nessa, be sure it's worth it. I adore Nessa, but I also know her well enough to know she struggles to maintain long healthy relationships of any kind. That's fine, she's figuring herself out and has a long going on in her mind. But she's scared that Jaden is turning his world upside down for what may just become a fling.