Three: Fraternizing With The Enemy 

Bryce's POV

I invited Jodie over to hangout, she hadn't really left the house since the Jaden and Nessa Scandal broke 2 weeks ago. Enough people knew her face at this point that she knew she'd get harassed by paparazzi.

She switched her tiktok to public and turned off the comments before posting a video with Jaden to show that she would stand by him regardless. Which is one of the things I respect most about her. She's loyal as can be. Sometimes to a fault though. But if she cares for you, then she will always take care of you, and I can be the same way, so I can respect the effort and love it takes.

The only problem... Josh just showed up out if the blue, 5 minutes before Jodie is supposed to be here. And know it's going to look like I'm setting her up to face Josh.

Josh- hey man, do you have anything to drink? What am I saying, you're Bryce, you always do.

He let out a soft laugh before walking into my house.

Fuck.

This wasn't an uncommon occurrence for us, he's one of my best friends and we've often invited ourselves over to the other's house. If this was any other day, or any other guest on the way, it'd be totally fine. But Jodie will be here any minute, and I have no idea what to do.

If I kick Josh out it seems like I'm picking Jaden and his sister over him. But if I don't, then Jodie will think I'm trying to set a trap for her.

Bryce- Josh, we gotta talk, and I mean right now. We only have a minute.

Josh- whats wrong?

Bryce- Basically... Jodie is on her way over here and going to arrive any minute now.

I rushed to words out, kinda hoping he wouldn't catch what I said.

Josh- you mean HIS sister?

Josh popped the cap off his beer and chugged back half of it in one long gulp.

Bryce- she happens to be his sister but let's not forget, she's her own person. She doesn't make his choices, and she's always been fun to hangout with.

Josh- she's on his side Bryce.

Bryce- why does there have to be sides? I mean, I still consider you both my friend...

Josh- yeah but I'm the one who can walk into your house whenever, he isn't. So theres a difference. SHE's his fucking twin. They probably have that telepathy thing and he's gonna listen in on anything I say and use it against me to redeem himself.

Bryce- did you smoke weed before coming here?

Josh- yeah? So?

Bryce- jesus christ, please don't say anything dumb.

Josh- why? You still want in her pants?

Bryce- thats not what that is.

Josh- good, cause I'm sure his threat still stands that if any sway or hype boy touches his sister, he'll castrate you.

Bryce- Jodie has been one of my best friends for almost 2 years. That's all it is.

Josh- what about that time at playlist when you had a wet dream about her-

Bryce- we agreed to never speak of that again! The only reason you even know is cause you shared that room with me.