Chapter 5

After the previous interaction with Leorio, the two of them with different views on the situation are now completely ignoring one another. Kurapika, as much as he didn’t want to fight with his dear friend, he needs to keep pursuing the truth behind this. If he lets you go, then where else can he get any clue of who took the pendant?

Kurapika faced the window, looking blankly at nowhere. Seemingly in deep thoughts, a call snapped him out of his trance.

“Master.” a servant knelt before him.

Kurapika looked back, an indifferent expression painted on his face. His aura completely pressuring the servant into cold sweat. “What is it?” His cold voice replied.

“We’ve checked around the area and found traces that someone went in and escaped in a hurry.”

Kurapika pursed his lips, clenching his fist into a tight ball. “And you’re reporting this now? What about weeks ago? Why am I only hearing this now? Did I take you in to useless?”

“Forgive us for our incompetence!” The servant exclaimed. “At that time, we only thought of retrieving the pendant, so we lost focus in investigating the area.”

“Foolish!” Kurapika snapped. “Get out! Get away from my sight!”

The servant immediately stood up and went out of the room. Their master is smart and generous, and it is only understandable that he would get furious at their inadequacy. Their only payment for everything he gave was to be of use to him. If they could not do so, they don’t know how to face the master.

This should be a lesson they need to remember. If they continue on being like this, then their master as well as their lives will be at risk. That is the scenario that they want to avoid, no matter what.

On another room, (Y/n) sat bored. They couldn’t do anything but stare at the walls continuously until Kurapika decides to let them out of this room for a brief moment. Even so, they couldn’t do anything under his sights.

What a jerk. Didn’t even think of leaving something for their entertainment. But on second thoughts, they are a prisoner of his, they really have nothing to negotiate with him.

“What am I supposed to do here?” (Y/n) mumbled, looking as if they would cry.

(Y/n), who had nothing to do, took their time to explore the room a bit. The end result, they still got bored. How annoying, this room doesn’t have anything at all. No decorations, no furniture, no nothing. A boring room fit for a prisoner. Kurapika is truly a jerk.

(Y/n) snorted, what did they expect? Kurapika only has one goal, and that is to force out answers from their mouth.

Remembering that, (Y/n) blanked. If they didn’t take it, would they be in this situation? No, snap yourself out of it (Y/n)! That was your friend! You can’t leave them…but…what about them? Did they leave you alone?

“You seem to be living peacefully here.”

(Y/n) snapped out of their trance, immediately standing up, facing Kurapika’s cold face. His lips were pursed, eyes seemingly to pierce you.

“When did you get here?” (Y/n) nervously asked, as they fumbled their fingers.

“You don’t have the position to question me.” He said. “Also, shouldn’t you be doing you’re task?”

“Task…? You don’t mean…me being your slave, do you?” (Y/n) hesitated

Kurapika narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms; “What? Do you want to go against the agreement? I’ll tell you, there are consequences.”

(Y/n) immediately tensed. “Okay okay! I’ll go along with the agreement!” They said. “But…You didn’t leave me any task to do.”

Kurapika paused. Indeed, he doesn’t remember giving you any task. It appears it was his fault after all. How neglectful of him. He coughed, “Anyway, your task for today is to clean every single spot in this manor.”

“...” (Y/n)

“What?! That’s ridiculous! How can I clean this whole place in just a day?!” (Y/n) exclaimed

“Are you an idiot?” Kurapika interrupted your complaint. “When did I say you need to finish the task in a day? Are you retarded?”

“Hey! Don’t go too far!” (Y/n) complained. “And you didn’t finish your sentence. How was I supposed to know it didn’t need to be finished in a day?”

Kurapika was silenced. He quickly tried to refute, but found that he had no words to say back, or rather, there was no point on refuting you. Turning his back; he said: “By the end of this week, I expect the manor to be cleaned. Hopefully you could manage to finish it.”

Kurapika then started walking, heading towards the door, not looking back. “Hey! Wait a minute! You mean this is my only task for this week?” (Y/n) called.

“No. I would assign another task when I find it necessary.” He replied

“What…?”

“How am I supposed to finish all of these in a week?!” (Y/n) cried

“Figure it out yourself. As long as you do your end of the deal, then I have no problem on how you do these tasks.” With that, Kurapika continued his way out of the room, leaving you in a moment of silence.

(Y/n) felt their mind break a bit. Kurapika is too cruel. They felt like crying but no tears would come out. How miserable.

You looked at your room, before deciding to start on this room first. If they start now, they might be able to finish more rooms, other the the one she is in currently, in just today.

“I might as well start cleaning then…” (Y/n) sighed. Before she could move, a thought suddenly dawned on her.

….Where is the cleaning supplies again?

Unbeknownst to you, Kurapika was watching your every actions. That raised a question in his followers. Why would he watch you clean around the house? In fact, even the man himself didn’t know why he did. He just somehow wanted to observe you, finding you very interesting.

Well, if you weren’t a suspect, maybe he would have approached you differently. After all, his first impression of you was quite interesting. 

“I wonder if we could have any interactions after all of this is solved.” He wondered. “I guess that’s something I would look forward to in the future.”

________________

A/n: Don't know if there is a typo, but I'm too tired to check right now. If there is, please tell.