XIAO [short]

mm short like my attention span

maybe one gender neutral fic as a treat

Sitting in silence was really all they ever did. 'They' being Xiao and his friend. He didn't mind the silence, of course, it was something they both liked. Xiao looked over his balcony and his friend leaned against the fence, book in hand. It didn't take a genius to know that they were not actually reading it, though.

Xiao could feel the occasional not so subtle glance from them but the Adeptus pretended not to notice and kept staring out to Liyue's landscape. They stood and closed their book, a noise leaving their mouth, Xiao couldn't tell what it was. They tucked the book away safely in the cloth bag they carried and stalled for a moment before turning to Xiao. Xiao turned and stared back at them, his yellow (gold?) eyes making them nervous. They shifted and walked forward, a sudden boldness taking over their being.

"Are you—?" Xiao froze as they hugged him, their arms tight around his body. They stepped back almost immediately, their face burning in embarrassment.

"Here." They handed Xiao a note and rushed off, mumbling something under their breath. Xiao stood confused for a moment before looking down at the letter.

Xiao

   Hopefully I do not need to use this letter. Knowing me, I will probably need to. I want to thank you for helping me when you did. Though you didn't need to, you still did. By the time you've read this far, I've made up my mind on whether or not I will be returning to Fontain. Which ever I decide, please know I will cherish our friendship.

Xiao wanted to feel angry and upset, but he know that they wouldn't have been able to stick around forever and that this would've happened sooner or later. Instead of running after them, he leaned over the railing and watched as they slowly disappeared over the bridge.

"Travel safely, Friend."

no Xiao in the lantern rite trailer I'm ending it all