Merida pov.

"Merida Mordo." Echos through the silent district ten. Our district provides cattle for the capital to saluter and eat. Off topic I was just picked for the hunger games. Wait, what the hell. I walk onto the stage with Aurora, the capital escort. "Jack overland." A boy with snow white hair walks onto the stage head towards the ground. I know him from school. He is three years older than me. This year was his last untill freedom. Freedom to starve.

I'm not confident I'll win, I have as much of a chance at winning the hunger games as my pet horse.

"Our tributes." Aurora beams. She leads us into the train. Once I step into the moving room, I'm transported to a new and abnormal land. The room has white and red walls, with a black leather couch lying on a cow skin rug. On tables lining the room are an array on food displayed on a red table cloth. I let the wonderful aroma waft into my nose, it smells like heavan. I dive into a piramid of muffins. Savouring every bite.

Wait, what's that. I've heard the rumours but I never knew if were true. CHOCOLATE. I wolf down two muffins then move to the cookies.

"Manors." Aurora looks offended. "You get a plate a fork and a knife and you eat slowly."

"What's a plate." I ask.

"You district people are animals." She scowls.

"Well that's not our fault." I snap. I don't feel like eating anymore. I sit next to jack.

I hear foot steps behind me. My mentors walk into the room.

"Hello I'm belle." A girl about thirty smiles. She has just below shoulder length curly brown hair and pale skin.

"And I'm Tarzan." The man looks about fourty five. He has shaggy greying hair and a tall muscular body.

"I'm Jack" Jack breaks his silent streak.

"I'm Merida." I say tucking some of my puffy red hair behind my ear.

"I think we have a winner this year." Tarzan says.

"I think we do." Belle agrees. Me and jack smile for the first time and look at each other.

"I hope." I mumble the myself.

"Okay so tomorrow we will be in the capital. Let's look at the highlights of the reaping." Aurora flicks on some sort of hologram thing and it shows the town square of district one. I observe closely. Both tributes volenteered. The girl is eighteen, has a thing for swords and her name is Mulan linen. The male tribute is also eighteen. He has a thing for spears and his name is Peter Pan. In district two the girl volenteered. She looks like I should watch out for her. Her name is Astrid she is sixteen and likes to use axes. The boy didn't volenteer his name is Shreck Forest. He is eighteen. I think he uses hammers.

The rest of the video is boring. No one particularly intimidating. The other tributes just look as scared as me. But one tribute stood out to me. The boy from district five.

He volenteered. His name is Flynn Rider and his district partner is Anna Royal. That's all.

"I think our tributes need some rest." Aurora says.

"Not like we'll sleep." I spit.

"Your bedrooms are down the hall and around the corner." Belle points. Me and jack walk to our rooms.

----------------------------------

What do you think, it will get more interesting. The chariot ride will be next chapter and from Arials pov.

Bye my little pufferfish.