The Neverending Bombing

There were bombs — hidden in places no one could find. Everyone knew they would go off, and send forth a wave of death. For it wasn’t the first, nor the second, it wasn’t even the third, and after the death toll crossed a million, people stopped counting.

The citizens of Fortran, not just them, but the entire inhabitants of the world; from Harewood, to Razan, to Hollingsworth and the remaining 46 territories; those who were about to drift into dreams, and those rising from dreams. Whichever category they found themselves in; rich or poor, man or woman, young or old; they were all united by the singular event that took place on December 25th 2021. Perfectly timed, so that regardless of time zone, it happened on the same day: magnum explosions tore through the fifty territories on the Planet; Earth IX, designation: ET 2X45Z.

On December 27, 1:17pm, Stein, father of two, was in the chapel of the St. James hospital, where he was praying to the faiths to save his wife; 3:00pm, an explosion tore through the hospital; Lisey and Jacob were crushed by a concrete beam. His wife, impaled by mangled iron frame of the bed, on which she laid, without limbs, that had been blown to shreds, just an hour prior.

3:45pm, filled with feelings that made him see blood red, he vowed to find the serial bomber, and kill whoever it was.

9:50pm, on the same day, the burning desire that fueled his pursuit, was vanquished. His survival became paramount, because every three hours, more than four hundred bombs went off. He sort shelter in a previously destroyed building — St. Agnes cathedral of the three faiths— he and many others.

Even if there were no physical injury, the sunken eye socket, the solemn face covered in soot and grime, the occasional whimper that turned to laughter, and then to sobbing, which flowed into full blown wails, and then into laughter again; which settled into whimpers, and finally lapsed into silence, told him the mental state of many. He traced his finger across the picture of his family, and then, his eyes paned through the defeated faces and exhausted forms, as they all waited for the next successive explosions, which could herald more pain and death, for everyone it caught up with. At 12am, December 28, another explosion went off, and Stein, father of Lisey and Jacob Winters, husband to Cassandra Hilton Winters, joined his family in eternal sleep.

Whoever was responsible for the evil, that had crumbled the entire national structure, snuffed the lives of thousands, and left little children hopelessly trying to rouse the mangled corpse of their parents; had an intelligence that was both vile and wicked; because three days ago, no explosion went off in the same place, and when people noticed this, on December 27th, they flocked towards the places that had been first hit. And between 11:59:59PM the 27th and 00:00:00AM of the 28th, there were two successive explosion. The first marked the last second of the day, and the second marked the beginning of a new day. Every gathering of displaced persons, hiding in those places, were vaporized by the shockwave of a blast, that was no where close to their location.

The bombs — if they could even be called that; the visual blast looked like cosmic energy, the kind seen in fantasy and comic books — and its range and power  superseded anything Marcus had ever seen.

December 28, 11:59:59 PM, he kissed the three crown — of his faith chain, when he saw from his vantage point, an electric blue and whitish bubbling force, burst into a giant mushroom cloud, two miles, north of his position. It released a visible shockwave and sparked up a fierce wind, which surged towards him and several people trying to make it uphill.

It uprooted all the trees in its path. Vaporized the buildings into fine dust. And when the whistling and  roaring force made it way uphill; he smiled, and welcomed the sweet embrace of death.

December 31, 21:00:00, hunkered in a bunker, which was more than one thousand feet below ground level; Kelechi Izunna, and several other IT personnel, scoured through the Fortran national systems database. It had crashed, following the first strike, until a few minutes ago, when emergency services — finally restored essential systems and deployed a fleet of reconnaissance drones. He punched his ID login into his mini console, as soon as the screens in the control rooms flickered, sizzled, before settling on the image of a rotating coin, with the image of an eagle on both sides. Then he assessed the Fortran security and analysis database, where he gleamed a pattern —recorded by the space satellites and sensors, used and shared by the International Terrestrial And Non — Terrestrial Security Corp.— and it sent chills down his spine.

December 25th 00:00:00, the first 50 explosions had gone off —one in each territory. Twelve hours later, 100 explosion went off —two in each territory. Twenty four hours after the first fifty explosion, 150 explosion went off —three in each territory. Which meant, three hundred explosions in the first twenty fours hours.

December 26th 00:00:00 started off with 200 explosions —four in each territory. Six hours later, 250 explosions went off —five in each territory. There were two more explosions after that with the last one at 23:59:59 bearing 350 explosions — seven in each territory.

December 27th 00:00:00 kicked off with 400 explosions, there were seven more explosions after that, which occurred in a three hours interval, with the last at 23:59:59: 750 explosions —fifteen in each territory. Which had brought the total count of that day: 4,600 explosion across the entire territories, and 5,950 explosions since the 25th.

December 28th started with off with 800, with fifteen more afterwards, which occurred every one hour thirty minutes, and ended with 1,650, for a total count of that day: 18,800.

Izunna transferred the information onto the main hub screen. It took some time before the numbers made any sense, for the people — several members of cabinet, the military chiefs, and high level personnel — who were gathered in the bunker’s command room.

A sob escaped Selma Okechukwu’s lips, when he pulled up images from the orbiting satellites and drones: lifeless corpse littered the streets and were all covered in chalk dust; broken segments of concrete structures, which had rebar’s sticking out in bend forms; black smoke, which rose from burnt and charred vehicles, electric sparks from damaged power lines, buildings reduced to crumbling rubbles, deep gashes on paved and unpaved roads, overturned bridges and mangled steel structure; there was no visible life.

Elizabeth Agu, prime leader of the Fortran territory, struggled to keep her footing. Tremors raked through her body as she witness the level of destruction that had befallen her territory and people. She’d been in a meeting with the joint chiefs and secretaries — who had made it a point to counter her every decision — when the first wave of explosions occurred. And when the news, that it happened simultaneously across all fifty territories — reached the military; her security detail had rushed her, with her daughter and two sons; personal and official staff, to the JUNG bunker. Later on, several other executives had joined in.

Constrained in the bunker, she was powerless. Communication with the outside world had been disabled, and it had lasted for seven days. Within which, she was unable to anything, but wait with bated breath, while seismic tremors tore through the earth and above.

Being below ground, in the very midst of it — had left her visibly frail. Yet it was nothing compared to the devastation, that she saw on the screen. Her legs trembled at the knees, and she returned to her seat. She was exhausted but had to remain strong. The last couple of days had been riddled, with fools, who questioned her every line of action. Not a year in office, and a global disaster had to strike; which gave the chiefs more reason to question her ability to rule Fortran.

She saw the numbers, she knew what they meant, but a naïve part wanted to believe otherwise. She turned to Izunna, “how many in total ?”

“1,238,300 detonation as of today,” said Izunna,   “with a combined total, across all the territories, at 1,657,550 since the 25th.”

“The faiths save us,” said a voice she couldn’t identify.

The confirmation jagged her mental state. It was not possible, it just wasn’t. No one, absolutely no human being could have pulled this off, it was impossible.

It was a dream, the stress of being the first female leader; yes, that was it, she had only been in office for seventy days, she would soon wake and realize it was a terrible dream. Her insecurities have manifested as this horrible nightmare, to taunt her. She was no longer the little girl who needed aid at every single moment. She could do this. She would show those men on parliament, that she was more than capable. The people choose her and she would lead them to greater heights. Yes. Now, all she had to do, was wake up.

“Prima…” she was the first Prima, the first of many, the Primus had—had their time, it was time for the — “… Prima, what are you orders.”

Orders? It pulled her from her reverie. “What?”

“Next course of action?”

All eyes landed on her, it was not a dream, the situation was very much real. She looked at the multi screen, each one displayed a different kind of horror. She confessed within herself; I don’t know what to do.

Another wave of earthquakes, brought on by the unknown explosive ordnance, sent everyone reeling for support, and then a thought —a useless thought cause it helped no one— sprang out from the confusion: when will it end?

“How many are we at now?” asked Elizabeth.

“Over 12000 detonations and counting, with over 240 in each territories, occurring every eleven minutes, fifteen seconds.” Izunna paused, then continued, “if the pattern continues; at exactly 11:59PM, 12850 blasts would off, 257 in each territory, which would bring the total of the day to 1,251,200 across the fifty territories,” he took his glasses off and rubbed his eyes, “and the grand total since December 25th would be 1,670,400,” his eyes panned from left to right taking in the face of everyone, the horror had no place to hide. As though it would help he added, “who knows, maybe the previous wave, was the last one.” That was such a stupid thing to say, he realized.

“Are you making a joke little boy,” said one of the military chief, “are you stupid… I thought you were smart,” he added, “Why would it stop now?” and just then, another tremor rocked through the bunker. “Lord save us.”

“Enough,” said Elizabeth. “What I would like to know, is who or what is responsible, for…” she gestured to the screen “…this,” She turned to one of the chiefs. “Is there a weapon that…” she paused, and searched for the right word, “… that is this efficient.”

He gave a negative nod, and she flared, “then what use are you to me in this situation. “ She went ballistic. “For the past six days, you have done nothing,” she slammed her fist on the table, “absolutely nothing. Rather you countermand me. Then you drink, you shit, you piss, and God know what else, and then sleep. Six full fucking days,” her cheeks burned and her nose flared, “if —the freaking ‘if’ word stung her— we get out of this… Early retirement.” It was a useless threat, but she needed to vent her frustration. If they eventually survive whatever was happenstance this was; the world would be in shambles, everyman for himself, scrapping at what little they could find.

“Umm … Prima?”

“What?” Then she followed Izunna’s gesture, he was pointing at the screens. She turned, and then she saw what he was looking at, and it made no sense, no sense at all.

The girl on the multi screen couldn’t have being more than ten. That wasn’t the strange fact. The strange fact was that all the screens —all the screens— that were suppose to display feeds from the multiple low orbit and space satellites and drones, which were scattered in various directions, and in no way close to each other; were now for some inexplicable reason, showing the girl, all from the same angle. Impossible.

The other fact being—the girl was dead or should be dead; except the multiple shrapnel sticking out of her chubby frame were somehow props, which was unlikely; the girl should definitely be dead. Yet she was wiping off soot and dust, from her body and gown, and then she lifted the hem of the white gown —which had red, black and brown stains and ripped holes. Then she used it to wipe her face; left it fall when she was done, and it covered her blue pant decorated with white colored stars; then she smoothed out whatever wrinkle she appeared to find on the dress. It was a little disconcerting to watch.

The screens merged into one display; showed the girl from head to toe, with her back toward the horizon, where black smoke rose into dust clouds. The starry night sky hung above her. The moon rained her in a light that should have been pale, yet they were bright white. Buildings that used to be more that twenty storey high, now stood with their top half blown to bits, and their lower halves were littered with broken windows and rebar’s that stuck out from the exposed beams and columns.

At her feet, rubbles of concrete were gathered like little offerings.

“Hello, “ said the little girl, and she waved at the cameras. “My name is… Well I don’t really have a name, maybe I do and I just don’t remember,” she paused, puckered her lips, squinted and tilted her head upwards. She continued, “I’m very old you see, very old. I don’t even know how long, but there is one thing I do know; I am this world, its life and very essence of being, and you have ravaged it without mercy, and now you must all pay.

“So please, do be kind and do die quickly, I would like to go back to sleep.”

And with that pandemonium erupted inside the command center, and Elizabeth could do nothing to stop it. She was still coming to grips with the situation, and now the girl — she closed her eyes, it dream, it just a dream, it’s just a…

“What the hell is happening right now… someone please tell me. Is that girl a freaking zombie?”

“What does she mean, she is old, she is like… I don’t know 9, 10…”

“Really? That’s what you are concerned about, a girl riddled with shards of glass and metal… Look, one is even sticking out of her neck, and she just.. She just… Oh my God what is she doing?”

Elizabeth snapped her gaze toward the screen. The girl was pulling the shrapnel from her neck, and there was no glint of grimace on her face. She inspected the metal, held it by the tip between her thumb and forefinger, and then she dangled and shook it, as though she was ringing a bell, and then sunlight glinted off the surface—

“Lord have mercy, where did the sun come from?”

The question startled Elizabeth, where the screens had shown a dark sky, seconds ago, it showed the opposite—it wasn’t dark anymore. She stared at the red neon numbers 22:46:54 and her breath hitched.

“What’s happening?” a female voice asked, “is this the end of the world?”

“Is the girl waving at the sun?”

The girl had a wide grin, her head was tilted upward, and she was waving her right hand at the—

It was not possible, Elizabeth wouldn’t believe; didn’t want to believe; there was something terribly wrong, and she couldn’t figure it out.

As if the presence of the sun —just a few hours to midnight— wasn’t enough, it appeared to reply the girl: from the screen — the intensity of the sun was obvious. The light rays pulsed in a steady manner: the yellow and goldish brightness of high noon, dimmed into the orange wave of sunset, and then it became yellow again and then faded to orange again, yellow and then orange, in a rhythmic beat.

“This isn’t possible, the feeds have being hacked,” said admiral Yone. “I can testify; that Razan is responsible for this, this is a targeted—

“Will you shut your bloody mouth, “ said Elizabeth, then she glared at him, “Testify!? Testify to what? Have you being above ground? Or have you grown senile in your old age?” It was like another person was speaking through her, her focus returned to the screen, the situation was awakening a part of her she didn’t know existed.

“Hey you,” said the girl in chirpy voice, “I thought you were on the other side, what are you doing here?” The sun pulsed once. “Oh, is that so I…”

Elizabeth, watched the girl continue a conservation that looked one sided, but then the Sun pulsed after every sentence, and it did so in different rhythms. The conversation was certainly a two way street.

The chatter within the command center went on.

“Did…Is…I…I don’t understand, did the sun move…or did the planet move… I don’t…”

“Does it matter? Either option is a terrifying…”

The girl was squatted, with her head placed between her knees. Her face had the look of childlike concentration, and she had a piece of brown stick, which had a budding leaf, and she was using it, to trace patterns across the sand, which was mixed with tiny varied size of crushed concrete debris; all the while —still having her conversation, with what Elizabeth and everyone, didn’t want to believe, was the Sun.

“Oh no. I am almost done,” said the girl, “I just have a few more things to say to the ones who are still alive.” The sun pulsed. “Nooo… those who don’t have those screeny thingies will hear my voice in their head.” The sun pulsed again. “Hmmm… They are all going to die, I really do need to sleep, I haven’t had a decent sleep, since… Well you know…”

The sun pulsed in rapid succession, and the image of the Sun bobbing its head in agreement, fluttered through Elizabeth’s mind. The absurdity of it all, slipped a chuckle past her lips. She placed her hand over mouth to stop the sound, but then, it slipped into cackle; she tried to stop when everyone looked at her like she had gone mad —and she didn’t blame them— but it slipped further, and then fell into a full blown laughter, then she felt several teardrops leave her squinted eyes, which left a soft wet trail downwards through the sides of face.

“Prima, is everything is alright,” asked Izunna.

“Everything, is perfect,” said Elizabeth, “just perfect. This…” she pointed at the multi screen, and she rose to her feet, turned towards everyone, then she made a sweeping gesture from left side of the room to the opposite side, with her right hand, and then she said, “this is all a dream, don’t you see…” she pointed at the screen, and this time the pulse was slow, the yellow dimmed slowly into orange and then slowly rose into yellow again. The sun appeared to disagree with her. “… this is not possible, it isn’t, it just isn’t. How… “

“Lord, the woman have lost her mind,” said the gruff voice of Admiral Yone, “I knew this job was too much for her.”

“No she hasn’t,” said the little girl. “It’s just one of your defensey mechanics thingies. You know… That thing you do, when you don’t understand or believe what’s happening.”

“Is… Is…did the girl just address us? As in… Personally address us?”

“Yes,” said the girl.

One of the military personnel crumbled to the floor, yet no one moved to help him. They all stood transfixed, with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

Elizabeth turned and faced the girl, who looked at her through the screen, with the somber gravity of a child. In that moment she knew the girl could see her. All of her, every secret, dream and hope, every memory, everything.

“Yes I can,” said a voice, and it echoed with her mind. But this time it wasn’t the childlike voice of the girl. It was—

“Eternal,” said the voice, at the same time the word flashed across her mind. Her legs gave out, and she dropped to her knees. The voice chuckled—with timber of a man and the allure of a woman.

“When your ancestors journeyed from their distant home, and came to my world,” the voice of the girl and the voice in her head, said in perfect sync, “with their creaking airships, held by bolts and screws, which I could easily destroyed —I didn’t. I could I have denied them passage, but I was curious, and so I let them land their ships;

“and then there were hissing sounds and several metal hatch’s slid to the side. Then I saw several openings, from which metal steps unfolded diagonally, till their first tread touched the grass;

“when I saw the silhouette of men, women and children emerge from the smoky openings; when I saw their faces, when I saw their sunken eye sockets, when I saw their frail bodies, when I saw men and women with gray hair fall to their knees, plant their forehead on the green and moist earth, and then kiss the grass as though she was a long lost lover;

“when I saw men and women with the signs of wrinkles drop to their knees, and then wrap their arm tightly around little ones who looked like a mini versions of them;

“when I saw young men, whose veins should have brimmed with the vitality of youth, emerge with the frail form of a malnourished child; I knew they could hardly support their own weight; yet I saw, cradled in their arms, young women who looked even more frail;

“when the naked sole of their feet touched the ground, it left an imprint on the lush grass, and then they marched forward, along my grassy plain. Even as their bodies quivered, they never faltered, but pressed on, toward the most beautiful trees they could find; where they laid the ladies to rest.

“The ladies had their backs against the brown trunks of oak, pine and cedar trees; they all looked like a princess, who had strayed too far from her castle, ventured into the dark woods and lost her way,

“when I saw they faces; with skin having the complexion — brown, black, white; I knew it should have being round, oval or plump with chiseled chins and blushing cheeks, adorned with cerulean, emerald, soft brown and midnight eyes. Instead they were all devoid of life and colour;

“when I saw the young men plant soft kisses on their foreheads and lips, and then whisper the words, ‘we made it, I wish you could see it, this world is beautiful. Our new beginning, I wish you….’ Their voice had  cracked that day.

“When I saw all this, my being broke into a billion pieces, and I made life giving water drops, rain down from the sky, and colour returned to the face of those maidens, and it gave life anew, so that those valiant men may have their new beginning.”

“Who are you? What are you?” asked Elizabeth.

“I am the one who made the jungle and forest, home to the wild and tame beasts alike; just as I made the pasture, the home of your ancestors.

“I made all the creatures of the air, of land, of water, birth in quick time, so that you may have meat.

“I made the trees bear fruits and sweet herbs, so that you may savour the taste of the earth, upon which you tread.

“I am no one and nothing and everyone and everything.”

A ghost silence floated through the command center. And then the sniffs and the sobs and the broken cries made their entry. Elizabeth knew why. It wasn’t the words, but the voice. It echoed and echoed, through every recess of their being. It went into places and dredged up images of tiny hands, which played with sand, with grass and with dolls, dredged up images, of tiny feet running through imaginary hoops, images of chubby armies that defeated the dark queen, which only them could see.

Their face, their eyes, their smile; each one, happy with the world, wanting nothing more but to wake up each day and wonder what adventure the world will bring next. It dredged up their past innocence, and played it against what they had become.

Now, she wondered if everything she had seen as a child, wasn’t a creation of her imagination, but the world, the universe, showing her things that she could only see through childlike eyes. Not the eyes she now, everything she saw was —

“What do you want?” she asked the girl and the voice.

“My world, my life, my children, my land…” the girl paused, and the voice was still, but only for a moment “…they cry all day. I was silent, because I held out hope; but your kind did not change, and return to moment when the world was a haven, and not an arena. You blackened my skies, you —”

The voice became silent, then it continued.

“It no longer matters, I have hit the reset button. When the fire comes, all things would be reduced to dust. And when the wind comes, it will sweep the ashes of your demise. Then, will the budding leaf  be revealed.”

Elizabeth knew she should understand everything. Yet, even though the words were clear, it made no meaning to her. And it showed in others, for Admiral Yone, bursted out.

“What rubbish are you spilling, little girl. Do I look I like need a class in childish gibberish?”

“No,” said the little girl. “Ummm… What you need to do is play: first to reach the sacred land with your children’s children. It is very far you know. My friends and I, have never seen it though. But it’s out there, somewhere. You will have to run very very very fast along the path: the tiny one teeming with thorns and thistles. Not the paved path with flowery sides, it leads to the dark queen, who is filled trickery. The paved road is an illusion that shrouds the litter of skulls.”

The little girl squinted her eyes, and stared directly at Yone through the screen. “I don’t know if you will make it though. You know, cus, like your tummy is… Well,” she pushed her own tummy out, then used her two arms, to add an extra invisible layer of extra fat.

The admiral made to say something, but the little girl shushed him. “I have to leave now, its almost time for the end.”

Elizabeth realized that the quake had seized, since the girl surfaced. The girl’s eye, which she now noticed were a sparkling emerald, faded into dull brown and her body was falling backward, and the sunlight was fading, and the night was reaching out with dark claw and pale light eye. And then, the quakes began anew. Deep rumblings rolled through the earth; sent loose equipment clattering to the ground. The lights flickered and the screens fizzled, and Elizabeth knew it would truly be the end.

“Wait!” she screamed.

And everything paused in their place. From the screen; she saw both night and day stop in place, the brightness of the sun on the right, the darkness, with the pale light of the moon, suspended on the left.

The girl’s body was halfway through the fall, with only her heel touching the ground, and she was suspended in a angle against the ground.

It was beautiful as it was terrifying, as the girl returned to her feet, and the dark night retreated and the golden rays returned, as though someone, had just pushed the rewind button on the world.

Elizabeth spoke quickly, “you would, condemn the entire world because of—

“What are you talking about,” said the girl. “I am taking all the children with me.”

And then, orbs — wispy orbs, rose from the ground, each one the size of a folded fist, with different colors, purple, pink, blue. And they all pulsed as though they were talking to each other. She could not count them.

“So the adults should die?” Admiral Yone voice was subdued.

“You still don’t get it.” Two orbs floated to the each sides of the girl. “Meet Thelma and Louise. 75 and 89, yet they are still children. I wish I could explain, but I am tired, I will take these ones to a new world.”

“So you hate us, the ones you are leaving behind. Why? Because we are not perfect, like your precious naïve children.” Elizabeth was angry.

A bright light enveloped everyone in the command center. When the light faded, Elizabeth saw herself above ground, among the ruins, with many more, who she knew for a fact had not been in the bunker. They all surrounded the girl in an eccentric circle. The heat against her skin, confirmed that the sun really was out.

“They were not perfect you know. Uh huh. They just asked lots and lots of why, and they were not afraid to let someone stand behind them you know.” The girl turned her attention to Elizabeth, “you always wanted everyone where you could see them, no one could stand behind you, you never let them, and you never picked the phone when your brother called.”

“what are you talking about?”

“The time of question is long past.”

After that, the darkness was swift, like the sun was never there, and she and everyone stood still, as the glowing orbs rose slowly into the night sky. And when she looked up, she saw her end and everyone else’s. Flaming balls of fire, hurling down, toward the earth.

“Goodbye Lizzy, in another life, maybe things would have had a better ending.”

The first flaming ball touched down, and then, it was a barrage of neverending bombs, from a invisible enemy, hidden in the night sky.

December 24th, 11:12PM. Earth XII, Designation: ET 10X55Z.

The Prima of the Fortran territory nursed her temples, then glanced at the wall clock on her right, which was nailed to the blue painted wall; the meeting with the joint chiefs and secretary of state was taking too long; her sweet comfy bed was calling out to her.

“I know you and I have butted heads, this last few months,” said Admiral Yone, “but the next issue. Hollingsworth have been making a play at our borders, I know you are all about—”

“Let me stop you right there. It’s late,” said the Prima. “I have reviewed your opinion on said subject, and have decided to trust your judgment.”

“You do?”

“Here is what’s going to happen, you will keep me informed. And be ready to answers lots of questions, like lots lots of question. Think of me like—”

“I know, like the little girl clutching my leg, I know, I know,” said Admiral Yone, then he muttered under his breath, and everyone shared a laughter at his expense. The Prima asked a lot questions, who does that.

She tackled the next items swiftly, delegating, asking question, and finally the last issue was resolved. She closed her eyes, her bed looked absolutely ravishing and she couldn’t wait to get home.

“Ma’am are you daydreaming again?” asked her personal assistant. “Well it’s more like nightdreaming now anyway.”

She placed her hands on her chest, and then assumed what she hoped was the face of mock horror. “Me? On the job? I would never do that.” The clock chimed, and she proclaimed, “Merry Christmas everyone.”

“Merry Christmas Prima,” said the young and middle aged, the military chiefs just offered grunts under their breath.

“It’s not Prima,” she said. “The Prima just clocked off, it Lizzy now.”

“What now, Pri— Lizzy?”

“Hmm, shower, sleep, afterwards the kids and I, will hunt down the three headed dragon that wants to lure the children out off paradise, with his hoarded gold.”

“You pulled a fast one on the people during your campaign didn’t you?” said the Admiral, while shaking his head.

“What! Faith’s no, don’t you see I am the Prima, but I am also Lizzy.

_________________________________________

It was a bit longer than expect.

Feedback, what are your thoughts...