Prologue

*Alice's POV*

"I can see her."

*Marcus' POV*

"I can feel her."

*Alice's POV*

"What is it, Alice? Who do you see?" My mate, Jasper, asks me as I stared at what I was seeing in my vision, while my whole family stared at me, curiously.

*Marcus' POV*

"What is it, Marcus? Who do you feel?" I hear Aro's voice echoing around the throne room. I turn to him and my other brother, Caius, without answering, and I held my hand out towards Aro, who instantly took it into his own hands and began reading my thoughts. He smiled and sighed, softly, once he read further into my thoughts. "What is it, Aro?" Caius asked.

*Alice's POV*

"I saw the mate to the three Volturi Kings." I finally answered, shocking everyone all around me.

*Marcus' POV*

"It seems that our dear Marcus has felt a certain mating bond from all three of us that leads to our true mate, Caius." Aro answered. Caius sat up straight in his throne chair and looked at Aro and I, with anticipation in his crimson red eyes. "You mean we have finally found our true mate after all this time?" He asked. Aro and I nodded to answer his question. "Oh, yes. We have finally found our true mate after three thousand years of waiting." Aro said, happily.

*Alice's POV*

"Who is she, Alice?" Carlisle, my adoptive father and the leader of our coven, asked. "I don't know who she is, other than she is human, looking to be age seventeen. But she is not local. Not yet at least." I answered. "What does that mean?" My adoptive brother, Emmett, asked. "It means that she will be coming to Forks very soon. Tomorrow, maybe. She'll be arriving here on her own." I answered.

*Marcus' POV*

"Where is she? I want to see her now." Caius asked, sounding desperate. "She is not anywhere near where we live. But I can feel that she is somewhere safe with an acquaintance we are familiar with." I stated, which caused Aro and Caius to look at me, curiously. "And who may I ask is it, brother?" Aro asked.

*Alice's POV*

"But if she looks to be seventeen, why is she arriving here on her own? Is she running away or something?" My adoptive sister, Rosalie, asked. "It looks to be. No one is accompanying her." My other adoptive brother, Edward, responded, knowing he's reading my mind with his gift. Afterwards, I noticed Carlisle was deep in thought about something until he spoke, "Then, we gotta do what's the right thing to do." Everyone, including myself, were confused on what he meant until Edward said, "You don't mean—" "Yes, Edward." Carlisle said, nodding his head.

*Marcus' POV*

I turned to my brothers and answered, "She will be safe with The Cullens." Once I had said that, Aro and Caius were in disbelief. I could tell by their expressions that they didn't like the idea of our mate staying with Carlisle and his coven. But Aro's expression started to soften up when a grin started to grow on his face. "Well, then, we shall reach out to our dear friend, Carlisle, to make sure he keeps our mate safe." He said, with Caius rolling his eyes. "Pathetic." Caius muttered, even though I can clearly hear him.

*Alice's POV*

"The mate of the Volturi Kings will be living here with us? Are we all gonna forget that this is gonna be a risk for all of us to have a human living here and we're exposing our secret to her?" Rosalie said. "That is true. The Volturi does have laws about humans knowing about our world." Jasper said. "Not unless she is the mate to the Volturi Kings, even if she is human." Our adoptive mother and Carlisle's wife, Esme, said. "Esme's right. The Volturi can't harm her or anyone like us if we're protecting her." Carlisle said. "I did see the Volturi not harming us and they will be reaching out to us eventually to make sure that we're protecting her." I said.

"Plus, we already have a human that knows about us." Edward mentioned. "That's true and the Volturi is already aware about her too, so we shouldn't have to worry about having a human live here with us." Esme said. "Heck, I wouldn't mind having a human living here with us. She can be our adopted little sister." Emmett said. We all looked at him, briefly, until we heard the phone ring. At first, we were confused on who was calling us at this early as it was around five in the morning for us. But we had a feeling that we knew who it was as Carlisle went to go pick up the phone.

*Addi's POV*

Meanwhile, in Portland, Oregon...

I never thought that I would be doing something like this in my life. I never thought that I'd be up at around five in the morning, packing all of my necessary stuff to leave my hometown in Oregon to get away from my abusive, alcoholic father, Derek Welch, in the middle of my Senior year in high school at the end of March during Spring Break. But I didn't want to face another day of my father's behavior any longer, so I had made the decision to leave my home. I wanted to find some place safe and suitable for me to live in without feeling any pain aching me, physically and mentally.

Once I had finished packing my bag, I grabbed the last item off my desk. A family portrait of myself as a child with my father and mother; a time when we were happy. Or should I say 'used' to be happy. That was until everything had changed our lives when my mother, Michelle, had died from leukemia five years ago when I was thirteen. My father became depressed and started drinking and became abusive towards me as he blamed me for my mother's death. I don't have any friends to stay with and my own grandparents wouldn't take me in because they felt that I needed to be there for my father.

I stuffed the picture into my backpack, grabbed my suitcase and put my duffel bag over my shoulder, and peeked through the crack of my door to see my father passed out drunk on the living room couch, with a glass in his hand. I didn't want to take my chances on sneaking out the front door, so I crawled out the window instead and headed to the city bus stop, which was arriving at any moment.

When the city bus arrived, I paid for my bus fare and sat in my seat and took one last look at my home before the bus started driving away. Once my house was nowhere in sight, I sat back and relaxed throughout the whole bus ride. I still couldn't believe that I actually had ran away from home, but it was better to be somewhere safe than dealing with this for the rest of my life.

I finally made it to the intercity bus station, where I looked to see any of the bus schedules that were soon leaving, which was the Seattle bus that was leaving in five minutes. After I purchased my bus ticket with part of my money I had earned through the years for doing chores and yard work for my neighbors, I ran out the door with my belongings to search for the bus that was leaving for Seattle as there were many other different buses that were going to different destinations. Less than a minute, I found the bus I was looking for, got on with my bus pass, with less than ten people onboard, sat in a seat in the very back by the window, and set my bags down on the seat next to mine.

Just as the bus was starting up it's engine, it started raining from outside; typical Oregon weather as it rained a lot and it would easily put me in a happy mood. But it wasn't the right time to enjoy the rain at this time. As I relaxed in my seat before the bus started moving, I heard sirens, which caused me to panic a little. Despite his alcoholism, my father, on the other hand, also happened to be a police officer.

I glanced out the window, while pulling my hood slightly to the side of my face, to see if there were any police vehicles pulling in that my father probably had sent over to find me. But much to my relief, there wasn't any vehicle anywhere in sight and the sirens had stopped from a faraway distance. I must've been overreacting or something as I was worried about him looking for me and I don't even want to know what would happen if he did find me. I sat back against my seat, letting out the biggest sigh of relief, just as the bus pulling out of the bus lot and began driving down the road, heading for the destination. I took out my iPod, put headphones in my ears, and played a random song from a soundtrack as I relaxed the whole road trip to wherever I was going.